The “The Consolidation and Operation of Environmental Nanotechnology Platform 2010” hold in this year is to establish the website which accumulate and share materials such as research reports, published literatures relating to knowledge of nanotechnology issues, including environment, safety, and health. The main works can be categorized to four parts, as follows,
1. Strengthen the systematic function of Environmental Protection Administration’s “the knowledge platform of environmental nanotechnology”: Strengthen the systematic functions of the original website, and planning and designing “environmental nanotechnology data base” afresh. The direction of the strengthening includes re-defining the categories of knowledge, and enables users can browse knowledge documents easier, and re-planning and designing the systematic user interface in order to reach operating-friendly, at the meanwhile, providing interactive mechanism between users and the website, to escalate the benefit of accumulating, regulating, and communicating knowledge in the website.
2. Plan and design the Administration’s “the knowledge management system of environmental nanotechnology”: The system consults the functional structure of the original website, and redesign the website, including the frontend website and the backend regulating system. In the front official website, providing experts can upload, regulate, and maintain knowledge documents directly, also let popular users searching knowledge documents easier. In the backend regulating system, providing regulator maintain the content information of the website, increasing the interactive mechanism of the website and the users, and also maintain regulating knowledge documents by the system of the original Vitals/KM system.
(1)Homepage: Provide users with plentiful nanometer relating information, including “introduction of the website”, ”latest announcements”, “latest news”, “latest knowledge documents”, ”hot documents”, “the link of knowledge categories”, “Frequently asked and questions”, “ links to nanometer relating websites ”, and other statistical information such as visitors.
(2) About the data base: Introduce information such as “the task of the platform”, ”white paper of nanometer”, “organization”, “join us”, and ”contact with us”.
(3)Latest news: Provide latest news on domestic and international websites relating to nanometer EHS knowledge.
(4) Research plans and published documents: The main part is the results of domestic research plans and published documents, including “Journal Article”, “Conference Article”, ” Patent and Technical Transfer documents”. Also provide experts can upload, regulate, and maintain knowledge documents directly, and let popular users searching knowledge documents easier.
(5)Announcements: The information includes rules, policies about nanometer EHS are published and maintained by including Taiwan EPA, Taiwan DOH, and Taiwan IOSH.
(6)News and events: The main part is the news of the events including seminars about nanometer EHS and questionnaire. Also provide the mechanism that users can sign up the seminars or film in the questionnaires.
(7)Nanometer EHS knowledge: Include professional nanometer EHS knowledge such as “popular science knowledge about nanometer”, “the best control of practice”, “glossary”, “interviews of experts”, and ”Frequently asked questions”.
(8)Relating linkage: Provide linkage of global nanometer EHS relating website.
(9)Subscribe e-paper: Enable users can know about the latest nanometer EHS knowledge information on a regular schedule, hoping users to re-visit the website.
(10)Site search and data search: Assist users to look for the nanometer EHS knowledge easier or look for knowledge documents more precise.
3.Cooperate with the information provided by the “nanometer technological integration project ”,(integration project) and accomplish the work of categorizing knowledge and upgrading, accommodating the systematic function: cooperate with integration project, defining the knowledge categories of the platform clearly, which are “sponsor”, “research area”, “exposure pathway”, “particle type”, “exposure or hazard target”, “article type”, “risk exposure group”, “target audience”, “generation method”, sub-categories please reference chapter four.
Migration the documents from original data base to the new system before the website has been going on service. The “integration group” assisted categorizing documents and confirming the changing over. After inventorying the original data base knowledge documents, there are 229 articles has been changed into. There are 298 articles in the website now, including 48 Chinese research papers, 201 Chinese published literature, 41 English research papers, 8 English published literatures.
3. Ensuring Environmental Protection Administration’s “the knowledge platform of environmental nanotechnology” works regularly, maintaining the system, and regulating the safety of the information: the systematic design and the development of the system had been cooperated with the information security policies and regulations of Environmental Protection Administration. On the aspect of scanning and analyzing the weakness of system, the website has been checked by Nessus system, the result didn’t include any high risk and middle risk weakness, showing the website is safe. On the aspect of pressure test, we had conducted pressure test toward two scripts. Scenario one is reading the content of the published literatures continuously, while Script two keeps searching. The process of the test stimulated 20 users within 15 minutes. Among 50,000 data, there are 1,000 data has been searched. The result shows that the average response time of script one is 1.8742 seconds, and the average response time of script two is 1.7743 seconds, which is fitted in with the regulation of four seconds. From both the aspect of information security and pressure testing proved the smooth and secure of the website.