The implementations were summarized as the following:
1. First of all, the project has collected and integrated the main factors of automobile green design for ELVs recycling and dismantling operation are: (1) Using the recyclable materials, (2) Using the low pollution materials, then plan to import these two automobile green design factors to the domestic vehicle Eco Mark specification standard. In addition, the project has completed a rational cost evaluation for the disposal and treatment factories by using “new factory building model”. The result shows that only the E098 factory’s cost of operation is higher than setting up a new plant. Moreover, the project has amended subsidized ratio mechanism, targeting “recycling ratio of non-metallic materials” as the object of the subsidized mechanism” for disposal and treatment factories.
2. Secondly, the project has completed the upgrading operation for vehicle recycling and disposal industries. Through collecting the foreign information of the detachable vehicle material, we focus on two dismantle materials, which are “glass” and “foam”. Through experiment analysis to verify its reuse technology, then analyzed the feasibility to bring these two recyclable materials into auditing and certification. As to upgrading plans for vehicle disposal and treatment factories, the project has used the “operating performance indicators” to evaluate the factories’ operating performance, assisting the factory with the best performance to complete the “Environmental Report”. Beside, the project has established the “hierarchical management mechanism” and accomplished the estimation. The project has conducted the annual workshop of vehicle recycling entrepreneur. The total number of participants is 103.
3. The project has investigated and developed programs to enhance the responsibility of industries to recycle ELVs. We have collected and analyzed the information about reverse logistics for ELVs. Through surveying results, the automobile entrepreneurs’ attitude is conservative. In addition, by surveying 10 used car companies to see whether these companies affect the recycling number of ELVs or not. The result shows that they wouldn’t purchase the ELVs, it also proves that the used car companies are not the main factor to affect the ELVs recycling quantity. Also, through surveying 15 vehicle derivatives reused industries to check up the flow of vehicle derivatives. The results indicate that most industries adopt energy or material recycling methods to recover vehicles derivatives.
4. The project has finished visiting the ARN (Auto Recycling Nederland) organization in Nederland, and established the communication and cooperation relations with it. Furthermore, the project has collected and analyzed the information such as ELVs recycling ratio and technology in Nederland which contributed to a recommendation for improving domestic recycling performance.
5. The results include: (1) Based on contracts, the project has completed 46 tasks, such as collecting data and inspecting the factory operation, (2) To monitor and exam the seasonal noise and emissions testing data, (3) To assist the EPA to conduct the works of inspection and operation of the Guanyin factory. All these works are recorded in quarterly reports which had been submitted to EPA.