The project began on June 24, 2011 and ended on December 20, 2011. The
execution achievements and schedule met the contract requirements. The related
achievements are as follow:
(1) To inspect the industry that has been specified by management regulations for
fugitive particulate emissions on-site and to assist to improve. The first
comprehensive inventory completed within two months. We classified 217
factories which listed in management for inspection. The inspection results show
concentration control can force high pollution manufacturers truly improvements.
(2) The implementation of the check of plastic dust sheet or dust net on dump trucks’
container with automatic vehicle identification system in Xinshi toll station were
28,407 units, and the average is 2,840 units per month. The results show it is
necessary to switch dump trucks monitor station to prevent fugitive pollution.
(3) The results of the total suspended particulate in ambient air times are in
compliance with standards (500μg/Nm3). But the measurement values of
concrete mix process are higher than standards. Because concrete mix
process and asphalt concrete producing process are first degree management
objects, suggestions to inspect the related industry frequently and request to
improve the pollution control equipments.
(4) Taking twelve diesel fuel samplings by blocking vehicles. The results of
component testing of sulfur (ten samplings from dump trucks and cement mixers)
and aromatic hydrocarbons (two samplings) are in compliance with standards of
regulations. As in recent years the cases of discovered illegal oils are decreasing.
(5) Held two workshops for related industry which corresponds with management
regulations for stationary sources of air pollution. The purpose is to help related
industry have a better understanding of prioritization and consistent after the
county and city merger.
(6) The updated data of An-ping port showed the total handling volume during January
to September in 2011 were about 862 thousand tons. As compared to the same
period in 2010, the volume decreased by approximately 77 thousand tons and
decline reached 8.2 percent. The main cargoes are general merchandise and pipe
line products, and are no longer sand and gravel. Furthermore, as compared to the
same period in 2010, the amount of inbound ships decline reached 18.9 percent and
outbound ships decline reached 19.0 percent.
(7) 20 cases were selected from the EPA's "On-line Public Nuisance Petition System"
in 2010 and January-May 2011, and fixed patrols were implemented 240 times.
The number of petitions decreased by 70 percent from June to November. The
results of implement show active check and inspection projects are conducive to
push industry to improve pollution control equipments.
(8) For the denounced cases of odors pollution took 18 samplings and six
ambient air samplings. One case exceeded the standard value by olfactometer test.
The result denounced to authorities and notified manufacturer to make
improvements within a limited time period.
(9) To help five manufacturers, including Pyrotec Enterprise Co., Ltd., General Gloves
Corp., DaBomb Protein Corp., Jung Shing Wire and Tung Pao Feed International
Co., Ltd., which were denounced again and again to reduce pollution. To request
them to propose improvements and suggest EPB to keep track of improvements.
(10) It is effective that three-dimensional radar system can show pollution emissions,
and the qualitative and quantitative analysis can trace elements of odours and
pollutants. We suggest to monitor continuously over long periods of time and
environmental inspectors take real-time samplings.
(11) To invite Professor Ming-Shean Chou to help six caterings which were denounced
to reduce odours pollution. Some caterings have the pollution control equipments
because the install order or operation, and maintenance is incorrect, the equipments
have no effect on pollution. In the current year, catering industry willing to accept
guidance has increased significantly than previous years.
(12) To improve public awareness of environmental protection and laws published
related information including six presses, flash games, color graffiti and e-cards
with the festival theme and current events.