Following higher valuation of environmental issues and increasing demand for living quality, EPA proposes “quality public toilet and beautiful environment promotion plan” to promote quality public toilet and improve environmental quality. Local government may file application for the subsidy of public toilet improvement, and the promotion period is from 2019 to 2024. The subsidy has been applied to 20 counties and cities in 2019. It is expected to provide public with more comfortable toilet environment. The results of this plan are explained as follows.
1. Quality public toilet promotion policy and physical practice meeting and implementation presentation:
(1) 7 implementation presentations were completed within June 3rd to June 19th, total in 481 participants.
(2) Assist on 2019 quality toilet implementation review meeting held on October 7th.
2. Manage the unfinished constructions of local governments and drive the oversight and counseling operation of public toilet environmental management:
(1) Summarize and analyze the status of 2019 subsidy for the constructions of local governments, the analytical reports by week are completed.
(2) Review, summarize and analyze the implementation results of local governments; assist on the summary of targets to be implemented by counties and cities for system establishment and submit the review report monthly.
(3) Subsidy local government for public toilet oversight and evaluation, provide analysis to review the construction progress and feasibility strategies, which is completed.
(4) Summarize the failed bids from 2015 to 2018 and study the writing of review and suggestion report, which is completed.
(5) 15 sessions of on field counseling aiming at unfinished constructions in 2017 and 2018, total 15 sessions were completed during the period from 6/24~8/6.
3. Summarize and study the establishment of regulations governing quality toilet construction and maintenance and the revision as well:
(1) Collect and summarize “modularize landscape toilet analysis report”, which has been submitted.
(2) Revise and prepare “quality public toilet and beautiful environmental promotion plan” study report, which has been completed.
(3) The situations of facilitation as "ecological inspection mechanism for public works" are collected and analyzed, which are then used to formulate "promotion plan check-list for the improvement of public toilets and enhancement of quality public toilets" and "matters of attention and explanation for filling-in" to help administering the inspection and disclosure of information collection on "subsidized works review for environmental sanitation/guidance operation." Once the review form has been formulated, they are submitted and filled in with matters of attention for explanation.
(4) The compilation and revision of the "counseling handbook of referential design and construction specification for public toilet maintenance, hardware and accessories" has been completed.
(5) To assist convening 2 sessions of expert consultation on "renovation, new construction, and environmental sanitation management specifications for public toilets" in coping with the tasks of the administration based on the suggestions from the National Development Council (NDC), it will carry out project changes and increase satisfaction questionnaire for quality public toilet. Hence, this project has been cut down, and related cut-outs of the funding are transferred to be used on public satisfaction surveys.
4. Strengthening the management of "quality public toilets and beautiful environments promotion plan":
(1) Sponsor the subsidized review and follow-up operation on "promotion plan in improving public toilets and enhancing quality public toilets" by local governments (including plan changes and follow-up for year 2018, plan changes and follow-up for year 2019, annual accomplishment report for 2018 plan, and annual accomplishment repot for 2019, and others), and continue to furnish relevant plan change, follow-up, and review of accomplishment report.
(2) Sponsor the pre-review operation on "planning book of modular toilet" by local governments, and cooperate with the Environmental Protection Administration's (EPA) policy not to subsidize modular toilets this year. As instructed, the content of administration is adjusted to cope with the document review operation of planning book regarding the second wave subsidy for public toilet. In early April, preliminary review was completed, and review recommendations were then provided to offer revisions so that EPA was assisted to furnish approval on April 24th.
(3) Sponsor 10 on-site surveys and submit feasibility assessment reports on modular toilets by local governments, while 10 on-site surveys are completed, with assistance rendered to the preparation for feasibility assessment reports.
(4) Collect and analyze the results regarding the promotional results of “Friendly Environment Establishment for Urban and Rural Area” from years of 2015 to 2018, and submit a report compilation as well as the editing and production of e-book on “project accomplishments of public works from years of 2015 to 2018.”
(5) Sponsor a total of 25 on-site surveys on "inspection and auditing on subsidy to related works of environmental sanitation/guidance and management operations," and 15 sessions are completed from 24rd April to 12th November. Before the end of December, additional inspection will be scheduled to work with the public works team of EPA to check the project progress in terms of previous guidance and review advices.
5. Field visits and compiled analysis on different types of public toilets in Taiwan:
(1) Collect and conduct on-site visits to different types of public toilets in Taiwan (for general public, gender-friendly, parent-child friendly, accessible space, and modular public toilets and others); there are, at least, 25 quality public toilets (9 sessions); from the period of 13rd June to 27th August, 9 field visits to 30 public toilets of different types have been completed.
(2) Assist to explain the compiled analysis on the result examples of public toilets surveys, with result examples of surveys and compiled analysis completed.
6. Other assistance and supporting works.
(1) Sponsor relevant projects from year 2016 to 2019 by each of the local governments regarding the implementation of works facilitation, fund appropriation, and information compilation and analysis as well as administration tasks about project execution performance of relevant works.
(2) Summarize the results of project implementation for year 2019 by the subsidized local government (including current status of public toilet, process, photos, utility efficiency, and maintenance and management), and compile the report on "promotion plan on quality public toilet and beautiful environment" for year 2019 (including e-book).
(3) Sponsor at least 1 session of policy promotion or exchange event, and with number of participants to be at least 100.
(4) Work with the administrative operations of related projects and plans, provide real- policy commentary, response drafts and press releases of topics in real time to assist the analysis and response of public opinion by the administration.
(5) Other assistance works.