110 Tainan City waste reduction project was launched on 16 March 2021, and ran until 15 November 2021. The overall aim of this project was to reduce waste generation through analyzing the present condition and promoting the idea of reusing and recycling. The main tasks and the accomplishments following the workplan are as below:
1. Promote the actions on the reduction of single-use disposable product
(1) Up to 29 December 2021, a total of 705 business owners have responded to the call for supporting the Waste Reduction Day of Tainan City. Including 623 catering operators, 76 hoteliers and 6 other industries. Of the 705 business owners, 410 are catering companies that are not legally required to offer rewards to consumers when they bring their own beverage cups.
(2) Held 3 flash campaigns for the Waste Reduction Day of Tainan City. A total of 485 participants brought their own reusable utensils to support the idea of cutting down on plastic.
(3) Collaborated with public interest groups and environmental volunteers, worked together for the street campaigns that took place in 3 different shopping districts. There were 35 volunteers participated, and 48 catering businesses have responded to the call for supporting the Waste Reduction Day of Tainan City.
(4) Assisted 39 catering operators in offering reusable utensils when cater for events. During the implementation period of this project, there were 7 events catered with reusable utensils.
2. Promote the reusing of resources
(1) Set up Second-hand Goods Exchange Stations at Cang Jin Yard, Puli Care Association, FuHua Night Market, and Sinhua Community College. A total of 36 used goods had been exchanged.
(2) Assisted in updating information of 51 second-hand shops and 54 repair shops on the recycle map of the EPA website.
(3) Collected and documented the results of 21 second-hand exchange or sales events held by schools. A total of 21,377 people participated in the events.
(4) Held 27 reuse and recycling education workshops. A total of 780 people participated.
3. Promote the Cang Jin Yard Restored Furniture’s Auction
(1) Wrote 9 copies for the marketing of the Cang Jin Yard Auctions, achieved the goals of 200 likes on each Facebook post, and getting exposure in at least 3 media reports. Accomplished the making of other 5 marketing copies for Cang Jin Yard and the Recycled Crafts Project Team.
(2) Compiled the outcomes of Cang Jin Yard’s environmental education plans.
(3) Added up 2 reuse and recycling education courses on 26 May and had been reviewed and approved by EPA on 10 June.
(4) Assisted in the digitalization of the environmental education plans and documented the outcome. 2 DIY courses have put online as e-learning materials, 300 DIY kits had sent to citizens for them to learn and craft at home.
4. Perform the inspection on source reduction
(1) Completed a total of 5,041 inspections on source reduction.
(2) Performed the inspection on excess packaging of holiday gift boxes, a total of 516 cases had been examined.
(3) Performed 609 inspections according to the article 26 of Tainan City Self-Government Ordinance for a Low-Carbon City.
(4) Performed 1,821 inspections according to the article 26-2 of Tainan City Self-Government Ordinance for a Low-Carbon City. Of all cases inspected, 8 cases had been notified for rectification, and were all carried out the rectification within the time limit.
(5) Handled 16 cases of complaint and petition.
5. Plan and run the promotion of the environmental- friendly commercial district
(1) Submitted the proposal of selecting Hai-An commercial district as this year’s environmental- friendly commercial district.
(2) Submitted the promotion LOGO, slogan and had written 2 press copies.
(3) Submitted documents and statistical reports for evaluation of Hai-An environmental- friendly commercial district.
6. Promote the Eco-Friendly Food Delivery Service
(1) Assisted 31 businesses in launching the Eco-Friendly Food Delivery Service
(2) Submitted the form for food delivery order.
7. Improve the economic measures to waste management
(1) Completed the analytical report on evaluation of the charging policy of waste collection and treatment.
(2) Completed the optimization of the general waste clearance and disposal fee information website.