The execution period of "Resource Recycling Work Plan of Pingtung County in 2021” is from January 1 to December 31, 2021. The resource recycling rate of Pingtung County was 55.6% as of October in 2021, which was 0.5% higher than the 55.1% in 2020. The data of resource recycling rate shows the effectiveness of the implementation of this plan. The resource recycling rate of Pingtung County ranks 9th in the country, and 3rd excluding the six metropolitans. As of November 9th of 2021, all the work items have been completed. The summary of the implementation results is as follows.
1. Coach and assist the executive agency to strengthen the handling of resource recycling work.
1. According to the “Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) of the Executive Yuan in 2021 to promote the implementation of the performance assessment plan for resource recycling”, the preliminary assessment plan for the performance evaluation of resource recycling work conducted by the executive agency of Pingtung County has been completed.
2. According to the recycling rate in 2020, 5 townships, towns, and cities with the lowest recycling rate were selected and listed as priority coaching objects. From January to October of 2011, the resource recycling rate of the lowest five townships was significantly higher than that of 2020.
3. Completed the guidance of 33 townships, towns, and city offices in the county to meet the resource recycling sorting listed in the assessment plan of the EPA with more than 21 items. The Offices of 19 townships, towns, and city have submitted the proof of the sale details as evidence. The 4 Offices of Pingtung City, Gaoshu Township, Zhutian Township, and Xinyuan Township have provided the photos of sorting the resource recyclables to 21 items and the proof of the sale details as evidence.
4. The task team carried out 41 times flow-direction tracking checks of the recyclables. The implementation of flow-direction tracking of the recyclables and the verification processes are in compliance with the regulations, and the recyclables are all entered into the final processing plants in accordance with the regulations to achieve the effect of resource recycling.
5. Completed one session of resource recycling professional work exchange review and professional personnel education and training. On September 10 of 2021, one additional session of resource recycling professional wok exchange review and professional personnel education and training was organized.
II. Promote agencies, schools, and organizations to handle resource recycling work.
(I) According to the format of the result report stipulated by EPA, a sample result report was prepared and provided to 4 schools that received subsidies from the EPA for resource recycling work, and guided to submit a result report of resource recycling work in accordance with the required format.
(2) The task team has completed 78 inspections and guidance for communities. In terms of deficiency results, the following items such as whether there were recyclables in the trash can, whether there was trash in the resource recycling can, whether there was lamp recycling, whether there was battery recycling, whether there was a regular report on the amount of resource recycling, and whether there was a food waste recycling can, were checked and coached to improve.
(3) Complete 13 communities and buildings capable of implementing demonstration community recycling stations for comprehensive site surveys. After discussing with the Environmental Protection Bureau of Pingtung County Government (PTEPB), Fengtian Community Care Base of Pingtung City, Ronghua Community Care Base of Changzhi Township, Sanbu Community Care Base in Ligang Township, Chishan Community Care Base of Wanluan Township, and Xiabu Community Care Base of Donggang Town were selected to guide them to complete the establishment as a model community, which also complies with the requirements of the EPA.
(4) Coach Sandi Tribes in Sandimen Township as a model community for the county's "resource recycling golden tribe" and promote the Golden Tribe to adopt the advance deployment practices to enhance the mastery of the recyclables amount of self-employed individuals, to increase the collection stations of sightseeing spots, to manage the store recycling stations, to match the self-employed individuals to do the resource recycling during harvest festivals, and to handle the recyclables collection of dozens of specialty shops in mountain. As the pandemic of COVID19 continues to slow down, Sandimen Township will increase the niche of resource recycling. It is also expected that the overall benefits will begin to appear in November of 2021. In the future, relevant measures can be extended to other indigenous townships, once again improving the benefits of the resource recycling of indigenous townships.
3. Conduct the key management inspection and banning tasks on resource recycling responsible operators and sellers.
(1) Carry out key management inspection and ban tasks on resource recycling responsible operators. A total of 833 inspections were performed. According to inspection results, a total of 817 cases were qualified, with a pass rate of 98%. Another 16 violated the regulations, with a violation rate of 2%. All illegal items are submitted to the PTEPB and transfer with document to the EPB of other county and city for further inspection.
(2) Conduct the inspection and banning tasks of the 13 major industry vendors who should be set up the resource recycling facilities (except for electronic and electrical appliance vendors). A total of 305 inspections were completed, 70 of which did not meet the requirements. They all completed the improvements on the spot after guidance.
(3) Perform 124 times of management inspections and guidance for the vendors included in the waste four-machine recycling system, 80 of which were not in compliance with the regulations. They all completed the improvements on the spot after guidance.
4. Carry out recyclable waste recycling, treatment industry application registration guidance and related inspections.
(1) A total of 60 business or 210 inspections was carried out for the recycled waste recycling industry. There were 12 violations in the inspection results including "no environmental medication record", "messy ground", "fire extinguisher expired", "lead-acid battery was placed outdoors", and "no labeling in storage area". All violations have been improved after guidance.
(2) A total of 12 business or 44 inspections was performed for the recycled waste treatment industry. There was 1 violation in the inspection results including 1 violation of "scrap tires not covered with canvas.
(3) The fire safety training and fire drill for the recycling processing industry has been completed on September 17, 2021.
5. Promote the image transformation of resource recycling facility.
(1) Perform the construction of image transformation of 5 resource recycling stations, including Yushui Community of Jiuru Township, Mili Community of Ligang Township, Songzhulv Community of Yanpu Township, Dongxing Community of Gaoshu Township and Ali Community of Wutai Township.
(2) The task team has implemented the guidance of 14 townships including Donggang Town, Hengchun Town, Gaoshu Township, Neipu Township, Zhutian Township, Linbian Township, Nanzhou Township, Checheng Township, Manzhou Township, Fangshan Township, Wutai Township, Taiwu Township, Laiyi Township and Chunri Township, and a total of 15 self-employed individuals enter community for resource recycling service.
6. Carry out the inspection and report of waste motor vehicles.
Completed 467 times of checks and reports of waste motor vehicles including 366 times of vehicles, 32 times of trucks, and 69 times of motorcycles.
7. Handle the resource recycling advocacy work.
Completed 35 publicity and briefing sessions of resource recycling, including 11 publicity activities on resource recycling and 24 education advocacy briefings.
8. Produce positive press releases, news videos, radio recordings on resource recycling.
The plan cooperates with the press release schedule of PTEPB and has completed 92 news items to strengthen the public's access to environmental protection information. It also complies with the work specifications and obtains the full score of assessment standard specified by EPA.
9. Assist all executive agencies in the Pingtung County to complete the preliminary evaluation of the annual performance assessment of the EPA.
Completed assisting the PTEPB to plan and execute the annual performance assessment of the preliminary evaluation and re-evaluation work specified by EPA.
10. Add 2 second-hand goods exchange stations.
Completed the establishment of 2 come and go fun second-hand goods exchange stations, including Tajen University Station and the old squad station of the Yanpu Cleaning Squad (Yanzhong Care Base).