This project is mainly to assist the Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) of the Executive Yuan to implement the commissioned project of the related Forward-looking (Foresight) River Water Quality and Environmental Management Project (central district), with its relevant implementation results found as follows:
1. Information on the water environment improvement plan (35 sub-projects) subsidized by EPA for counties and cities in the central district has been compiled and organized, while a briefing on the results is being composed. With regard to water environment improvement application plans towards Water Park Road in Chiayi City, Liujiao grand drainage in Chiayi County, Erlin River in Changhua County, Shuangli Lake in Kinmen County, subterranean river in Bazhang River, etc., related evaluations and suggestions have been furnished, formulated, and organized so that subsequent promotion processes can be facilitated. Besides, the project investigator has, to grasp the status of ecological inspection regarding each of the water environment projects during construction, gone to the sites individually shooting and recording, assisted in the disclosure of inspection information on each of the forward-looking water environment projects, Facebook posts, and carried out on-site surveys to various counties and cities as well as meetings and other related administrative affairs.
2. Through information collection and organization taken by stations via monthly monitoring of water quality as well as deterioration measurement in counties and cities from central district, and screening of possible upstream pollution sources to list out and manage businesses and enterprises, the information can have provided environmental supervision agencies with a reference to reinforce inspection and control. Besides, to strengthen local government for pollution reduction actions and improve the extent of bonding for water quality at key stations, the team has also assisted in inspecting and revising the pollution catchment area at Zhonggang River and old Zhuoshui River, and has, through the construction of New Huwei River water management model, compiled and organized information as river base flow, pollution flux, and containment capacity, which can be used for reference to evaluate pollution improvement measures. As such, 45 place-times of general measurement categories (including 5 mainstream flows) and 20 place-times of heavy metal water quality and quantity supplementary investigations have been carried out so far at New Huwei River and Beigang River respectively. Then, its pollution-load fishbone (Ishikawa) diagram have been updated of sketch based on investigation results, while short-, medium- and long-term pollution renovation strategies for the 2 river basins are formulated and put forth. Besides, rolling review and exchange on relevant renovation strategies have been done in dealing with matters achieved at 27th Beigang River and New Huwei River pollution renovation work supervision and coordination meeting, so that the improvement goal of water quality improvement can be speedily furnished to the pollution segments.
3. Livestock manure and urine (including large farms instead of small farms) from counties and cities in central district have been screened for centralized treatment, and so as application operators of biogas slurry and biogas residue for subsidy program, while 6 visits were conducted to promote resource utilization. Based on the results of related visits, it is suggested that 2 spots of areas with lot number at Maizhong Section of Mailiao Township are feasible for centralized treatment facilities. In addition, analysis, inspection, and measurement of output from waste water treatment facilities can be done as working in conjunction with animal husbandry model field test of "Animal Husbandry Manure Utilization Promotion Management Plan for Year 2021." As such, research and analysis on related water conservation, and single/multi-stage treatment difference are carried out to master the benefits of pollution removal rate, fertilizer content, heavy metal and biogas output, thus helping to improve animal husbandry resources as benefits for facilitation.
4. To improve the construction quality of various water quality improvement facilities subsidized as well as the supervisory control during implementation scheduling by EPA, 20 sessions of supervision operations have been sponsored, while each of the water environment improvement projects (14 cases) investigated and inspected this year have be decorated with first-class awards. Besides, annual reports on the project supervision results and supervision/inspection guidelines have been put forward based on the administration context from sessions of supervision, and regular oversights and failures are compiled and collected for the reference of EPA and engineering authorities.
5. Activities/meetings as award ceremony for outstanding authorities in year 2020, draft research of annual water pollution prevention and control assessment in 2022, and annual assessment plan of review results in 2021 and others are sponsored, and the project has also assisted in the tracking of implementation effectiveness and effect scoring for reduction plan at key stations for the year (2021), and so as the revision of annual assessment plan (including water quality measures as scoring principle) for next year (2022). As such, the aforementioned actions and deeds should help build up criteria for pollution reduction tasks of river, helping to consolidation the consensus and determination of the central and local government in working to improve river pollution.
6. Inspections by drone for 3 day-times over New Huwei River Basin on May 26, Beigang River Basin on August 12, and upstream of Rong-qiao, drainage of pig-sty and that of west Mailiao on December 17 were completed, which can provide relevant investigation records to local environmental protection agency to strengthen investigation and punishment. Also, the project has formulated and proposed the promotion of forward-looking plan, supervision of water environment project, investigation and promotion of animal husbandry resources, benefit analysis regarding the co-organized water pollution assessment operation and others, and assisted the research and proposal of relevant data, attendance of meetings, and on-site surveys and project reports and other administrative affairs during the period of project implementation.
The work-team has successfully completed each of the aforementioned task contents, and put forward related improvement actions and strategies based on various handling results and bottleneck problems encountered during the implementation process. Besides, it has also researched and proposed following suggestions as persistently tracking down on water quality improvement benefits with central district water forward-looking completion project, focusing on farms that have not completed resource utilization application by deadline to adopt measures as differentiated inspection intensity or active match-making, and counseling to match-make local benchmarking enterprises and pig-farms of Yunlin County to deal with livestock manure and urine in a centralized processing center.