Due to the high output horsepower of the engine, people widely use diesel engines in the transportation of passengers or goods and construction machinery. The use of diesel vehicles has also increased dramatically because of the rapid economic growth. However, we have learned from the studies that show the black smoke pollutants emitted by diesel vehicles will have a critical impact on human health. Therefore, the plan also strengthens control over vehicles in use, besides carrying out aperiodic inspections and surveys of diesel engine vehicles. To achieve the pollution improvement of diesel vehicles, its control items such as promoting the replacement of old and new large diesel vehicles in the first to third phases, adjusting the fuel control system or installing air-pollution control equipment subsidies, encouraging enterprises to sign the use of the fourth and fifth phases of environmental protection vehicles, promote the self-management seal of diesel vehicles, and authorize certified maintenance plants to inspect and issue self-management seals on behalf of them.
This plan has helped to detect the black smoke emission of diesel vehicles with the operation of the control strategy of diesel engine vehicles of the Department of Environmental Protection of Taoyuan City Government to achieve the goal of the "Air Pollution Control Act." It also provides vehicle owners to inspect the smoke emission of vehicles and guide them to apply for the self-management seals of the Environmental Protection Administration of Executive Yuan. Through regular maintenance and regular checking, to reduce the pollution of diesel vehicles. The plan has cooperated that the Environmental Protection Administration of the Executive Yuan has promoted the replacement of large diesel vehicles and the subsidy policy for the adjustment and repair of the fuel control system or the installation of air pollution control equipment. We have visited passengers and freight transport operators within its jurisdiction to strengthen the publicity of relevant information on the subsidy for large diesel vehicles to achieve the evaluation objectives set by the Environmental Protection Administration.
From January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021, the implementation results of the plan are as follows:
(1) According to the "Smoke Opacity Testing Methods and Procedures of Diesel Vehicles" announced by the Environmental Protection Administration of Executive Yuan, we detected 3,122 vehicles. And 41 cars returned for inspection of the horsepower ratio was insufficient, and 181 motors were uncertificated, with an unqualified rate of 5.9%.
(2) Authorized five certified maintenance factories in Taoyuan City to check up and issue self-management seals for diesel vehicles for a total of 2,435 motors.
(3) As of December 31, 2021, we issued a total of 8,483 self-management seals. The issuance level is mainly superior, accounting for 92.3% of the total issuance. According to the analysis of the vehicle registrations that have obtained self-management seals, Taoyuan City is the main one, accounting for 55.5% of the issued number. Next is New Taipei City, accounting for 27.6%. Four counties and cities in the northern air quality district accounted for 91.3%.
(4) Promote the rank control of urban buses, with a total of 2,727 buses from 14 bus operators. A total of 2,265 vehicles met the self-management seal, with a coincidence rate of 83.1%.
(5) Cooperate with the Environmental Protection Administration to promote the subsidy policy for pollution improvement of large diesel vehicles in the first to third phases. Statistics are up to December 31, 2021. We subsidized 1,115 vehicles for replacing old cars with new ones, 482 motors for fuel control system repairs, and installed eight vehicles with air-pollution control equipment.