In line with the policy priorities of the Environmental Protection Administration, the goal of "promoting green life actions" in 2022 is to connect government agencies and private environmental education resources and achievements through multiple environmental education learning channels on the basis of deepening the local network of environmental education, to popularize and bring environmental issues to life, and then improve the environmental literacy of the people to achieve the goal of "sustainable generations". Expand the promotion level of environmental education, improve the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values of environmental protection of the people, join in protecting the earth together, and demonstrate the achievements of environmental education implementation over the years, and then carry out environmental education exchanges with the international community.
The following is a summary of the implementation results of each work item of this plan.
(一) Miaoli County cooperates with environmental festivals and other environmental education-related activity plans
"Love the Earth Environmental Education Action Train Series Activities" has a total of 6 sessions. The final report was submitted by October 31, and it was completed on June 25, July 7, July 16, July 31, and September 14. , 6 sessions will be held on October 23. As for the Earth Day environmental education theater activity, a theater film was played at Jianguo Elementary School in Toufen City on April 22 to conduct environmental education promotion. A total of 229 teachers and students participated together. (Refer to Chapter 2 for details)
(二) Miaoli County Environmental Education Volunteer Training and Utilization Plan
On October 20th, a special training session for environmental education volunteers was held in the meeting room of the Miaoli County Environmental Protection Bureau. Three lecturers were invited to conduct a 6-hour course. The course direction included resource recycling and zero waste, water resource protection, current environmental conditions and environmental protection policies, green life for all, and natural ecological conservation. A total of 27 volunteers were trained. In addition, together with the Environmental Education Center of Union University, they jointly organized a level of environmental education volunteer empowerment training courses on August 18, 19, and 23. The total teaching hours were 24 hours and 12 courses. A total of 39 students completed the courses and obtained certificates. (Refer to Chapter 3 for details)
(三) Miaoli Mountain City Environmental Protection Ambassador Selection Competition - Environmental Knowledge Competition
The environmental knowledge contest is divided into four groups: students from elementary school, junior high, high school, and ages beyond high school. This year, the Miaoli County Preliminary Competition will be held on September 24 at the Campus of the National United University. The top five winners of each group represented Miaoli County to participate in the National Environmental Knowledge Contest held at National Taiwan University in Taipei City on November 19. (Refer to Chapter 4 for details)
(四) Vigorous Miaoli Environmental Protection (Great) Workers Heroes Meeting and Local Administrative Support Project
On August 27th, the Vigorous Miaoli Environmental Protection Volunteer Volunteer Group was held in the gymnasium of Yuda University of Science and Technology. There were 12 teams of environmental protection cheerleading teams, 14 teams of environmental protection battles and resource classification kings, and a total of 413 volunteers participated. Volunteers from Zhunan Township and Gongguan Township represented Miaoli in the final of the national competition. The national competition took place from October 28th to 29th and led the team to Fengshan Gymnasium for the final. The day before the competition, the volunteers were led to visit two environmental education places, Chaoyang Green Energy Leisure Farm and Shugu Science Museum. Have lunch at Chaoyang Farm (Green Restaurant), and finally check into the Fullon Hotel Kaohsiung (Green Hotel) to prepare for the competition. (Refer to Chapter 5 for details)
(五) Miaoli County environmental education picture book selection and promotion plan
The "Environmental Education Picture Book Selection Method Meeting" was held on May 4, and the deadline for submission was July 31. On August 22, the judging committee selected the winners and judging special prizes. The winning works will cooperate with the Environmental Protection Administration to participate in the picture book carnival promotion on October 15th and October 16th in Huashan Creative Park, Taipei. And on October 18th and October 19th, it went to elementary schools and kindergartens in Miaoli County for promotion in the county. (Refer to Chapter 6 for details)
(六) Miaoli County Environmental Education Summer Camp
From August 9th to August 10th, a two-day green life and nature experience camp course was held in Dashan Community. The course direction included orienteering, appreciating the beauty of Shihu, ecological tour at night, stargazing, farming experience, and getting to know Dashan Community, mallet dyeing DIY, a total of 30 students participated. From August 17th to 19th, a three-day overnight gathering has been organized with the activities of "Lishan" and "Food Farming Education" as the main axis! The courses of the Miao Li Fan Friends Association include understanding legumes and tofu DIY, visiting a total of 30 students participated in the rice mill visit and Baomile DIY, understanding the rush culture in the garden, experiencing the jujube garden in the mansion and visiting Chuanlongzhen, understanding sericulture culture, bees and pollination, and aiyu jelly DIY. (Refer to Chapter 7 for details)
(七) Suggestions (Refer to Chapter 8 for details)
1. The series of environmental education train activities suggest that if the public registers and is admitted, but is temporarily canceled without notifying the organizer, they will not be able to participate in other environmental education series activities in the current year. In addition, priority will be given to the public who have not participated in the current year. Everyone can participate in environmental education activities together, and these two items are marked in the registration notes.
2. Suggestions for the environmental knowledge contest Your bureau suggests that the Education Bureau can include the environmental knowledge contest as one of the extra points assessment items for schools, and reward the teachers of the schools where the winning students are studying, so that the school attaches importance to environmental education and the teachers are motivated to respond positively.
3. The environmental education summer camp recommends that before holding similar field exploration activities in the future, students will be reminded in advance not to take away the things of nature, only leave footprints and photos and other memories, and do not disturb the habitat of wild animals in nature.
4. The environmental education summer camp suggests that more agricultural experience activities can be held in the future, so that children can feel the temperature and taste of the farmland soil, understand the hard work of farming, develop the awareness of cherishing food, respecting all walks of life, and truly walk into nature embrace.
5. The environmental education summer camp suggests that the distance, time, and rest time of this cycling course can be used as a reference for related courses in the future.
6. The environmental education summer camp suggests that in the future, relevant reward mechanisms can be designed to encourage senior students to lead junior students to study together, or the summer camp can be divided into two echelons for the national group and the junior high school group.