There are mainly three river basins in Taichung City: Da'an River, Dajia River and Wu River, which dominate the ecology of the city's river waters and the importance of water use. In the urban area, there are Hanxi, Luchuan, Liuchuan, Meichuan, and Mayuan. Rivers such as Touxi and Raftixi are relatively large-scale, but because of the frequent pollution incidents of rivers and streams being secretly discharged by factories or dumping waste, in order to improve the pollution of rivers, through matchmaking and counseling, local offices, communities, schools or non-governmental organizations, etc. Come and participate in the water environment protection work, set up a water environment patrol team, and handle various related river patrol and water quality monitoring activities, education and training, and establish pollution reporting standard procedures to maintain river waters.
At present, there are 33 water environment patrol teams in Taichung City, with a total of 832 members. The patrol team members are mainly composed of nearby neighbors or community volunteers, and patrol the three major river basins and areas of Daan River, Dajia River and Wuxi River. Drainage covers 4 districts including city, mountain, sea and village. The main tasks include inspection, cleaning, notification and stream cleaning. Due to the differences in the city's regional and economic and industrial development, the focus of patrols is not only the hotspots where pollution often occurs, but also the various ecological and water quality environments of rivers and waters. Therefore, the water environment patrol team must continuously Carry out river patrol and water quality monitoring, or conduct irregular stream or beach cleaning activities to improve and maintain the water quality of the city's rivers. Therefore, we will continue to strengthen and guide the various operations of the patrol team to protect the water in the city's river basins Environmental effectiveness.
The implementation period of the "111-Year River Patrol Management and Operation Counseling Project" is from March 23, 2011 to December 31, 2011. The project budget is NT$3 million, except for the participants of the project. In addition to the project host, there are also 3 project personnel including 1 project project manager and 1 project engineer. The summary of the implementation results is as follows:.
(1) To cooperate with the environmental education application of the "water box" water quality sensor of the Environmental Protection Bureau, this plan rents a water box and a spare set of consumables (including pH elements, EC elements, temperature elements, DO elements, etc.) Used by team guard volunteers.
(2) Handle 4 sessions of deep-cultivation training courses for water environment patrol teams; another 2 sessions of volunteer training seminars (special training) and 1 session of volunteer training seminars (basic training), 6 hours each session, and online Volunteer training courses (basic training and special training), except for the establishment of patrol teams in November, all have volunteer status.
(3) Invite nearby water environment patrol teams, schools (cooperating with the city's "one university guards one river" policy), enterprises and NGO groups to participate in stream cleaning and water quality monitoring activities. On June 18, Caohu Creek cooperated with bamboo Aberdeen Patrol Team and Chaoyang University of Science and Technology; Kanghe Light Boat Patrol Team and Chung Hsing University and Enterprises in Kanghe on September 24; Taiping Patrol Team and Fengjia University in Huilai Creek on November 20; 12 On March 10th, 4 games will be held in Fazixi in cooperation with the Shuihortou Patrol Team and Tunghai University.
(4) In conjunction with the World Water Quality Monitoring Day, one session of the "One-Day Small Water Environment Patrolman Experience Camp" was held, and primary school students in the city were invited to participate. The process was completed on September 18 at the Hanxi Drainage Water Conservancy Park.
(5) Matching Taiwan Micron and National Chung Hsing University newly established patrol team.
(6) This plan assists in revising the "Taichung City Water Environment Patrol Team Operation and Operation Implementation Plan", revises and corrects the non-compliant items in the plan, and adopts the patrol team's suggestions, and lists several items that need to be modified The content will be executed after October 25, 2011 with the newly revised plan.
(7) Handle performance evaluation awards for patrol teams, during which 4 evaluation explanations and exchange symposia and 1 year-end achievement review meeting will be held, including making medals, certificates of appreciation and certificates of appreciation, bento or snacks, publicity materials, collection of evaluation results and Handling review and awarding activities, etc.
(8) Purchase 150 sets of summer and autumn patrol equipment for the water environment patrol team, provide newly established teams and changing personnel, and purchase 500 pieces of safety reflective windproof winter equipment for newly formed teams and members who have not received windproof equipment last year , have been issued in full.
(9) Subsidize 32 teams of patrol teams with 6,000 yuan per team (3,000 yuan of subsidized consumables must be related to patrol operations, 3,000 yuan per person for lunch or breakfast, up to 80 yuan per person per time), patrol teams must provide activity sign-in sheets and photos and expenditure details and other supporting materials to apply for subsidies.
(10) Handle 63 visits (at least 1 visit per team) patrol team care and visit operations and counsel the patrol team to use portable sensor monitoring, data collection and other related matters, and compile insurance information to provide the Environmental Protection Bureau to complete the patrol Team member insurance matters.
(11) Handle story-based marketing of 6 Taichung City River Patrol Teams, and produce a 5-minute micro-movie and a 1-minute edited version of the city's excellent patrol teams, and recommend the Yonglongkang River Water Environment Patrol Team to patrol the waters for ecological conservation Investigation and results education and training, and recommended to participate in the evaluation of the Environmental Protection Agency's National Excellent Water Environment Patrol Team.
(12) This project assists the water environment patrol team of Yonglongkang River to handle characteristic development, guides excellent patrol teams to carry out ecological guide course training, handles sketching, parent-child water environment guide and other activities.
(13) Assist in the maintenance of the water environment protection network, the voluntary service information system, and the ground water interception system. In addition, it assisted in the process of commendation and represented the city in the previous year to participate in the National Excellent Patrol Team of the Environmental Protection Agency and won a gift voucher of 10,000 yuan.
(14) Assist in the annual assessment of the Environmental Protection Agency's patrolling operations, including written assessment reports, briefings, compilation of results, cooperation with assessment meetings, etc., and assist the Environmental Protection Agency in cooperating with the Environmental Protection Agency in handling related work matters.
(15) Plan to conduct quality education and training for project personnel in March, June, September, and December 2011 (at least once per quarter); submit the monthly report of the project implementation work of the previous month before the 10th of each month during the project period 1 copy, and submit the first draft of the interim report before August 31, 2011 and the first draft of the final report before November 10, 2011; cooperate with the Environmental Protection Bureau to submit the quarterly report for green procurement; if necessary, cooperate with the Central Taiwan Regional Governance Platform "Trans "County and city cooperation case" River Patrol Team experience exchange promotes results reporting or handles related matters.
The recommendations are the following four points:
1. Strengthen guidance for enterprises and schools to set up water environment patrol teams with self-raised funds
2. Increase the subsidy fee for the patrol team's bento and early meals
Participate in and formally handle water environment student service learning
4. A care visit section is added to the visit record form
The implementation of this plan will enable the operation of the Taichung City Water Environment Patrol Team and the results of related patrol work to achieve the expected goals, making Taichung City a model for promoting river patrol.