In order to effectively decrease the dust pollution which caused by cars, and to continue the policies from year to year, the Bureau of Environmental Protection in Tainan county has carried out the project which enhances road flushing during 2008 --- personal road flushing business. The project began on July 1, 2008 and ended on June 30, 2009, lasting for one year. The progress of project are as shown in Table 1; each assignment was completed smoothly. The abstract of achievements is as follows.
1. The complete length of road flushing of the project is 8,155 kilometers, and the completion rate is 101.9%； the execution length of road sweeping is 14,205.7 kilometers, and the execution rate is 101.5 %.
2. The complete length of road flushing of the project is 8,155 kilometers, and total use of water is 6,991.64 tons； the use of water is 0.80 ~ 0.96 tons one kilometer per month, and use of water averages 0.86 tons one kilometer. It exceeds the contract's standards.
3. The complete dust gathering amount of road sweeping is 263.95 tons. The dust gathering amount is 2.57-43.09 kilograms a kilometer per month and the average of dust gathering amount is 18.58 kg/km. It is estimated that dust removal amount of street flushing is 145.59 tons and road sweeping by manual labor is 16.69 tons; total removal amount is 426.23 tons. It shows that the plan can scavenge the dust on the road with telling effect, and the dust pollution which caused by automobiles can be controlled.
4. Now the total length of street flushing is 8,155 kilometers; the reduction amount of TSP is estimated to be 112.54 tons. And the amount is 196.04 kilograms as the result of 14,205.7 kilometers street sweeping. So the total amount is 308.58 tons because of street flushing and sweeping project.
5. According to the investigation of degree of pollution, in 7-12 month of 2008, A level road accounts for 55 % of totality, and B level 33 %, C level 11 %. In comparison, to May of 2009 the proportion of A level rises up to 75 %, B level down to 22 %, and C level road is improved(only 3%). It reveals the project has already taken on positive benefits.
6. In respect to managing street dust, according to monthly statistics for this county, the average ratio value of general soil is 7.2%；at the present stage the project's street sweeping area is 14.21 square kilometers, the weight of the accumulated swept dust is 263,950 square kilograms, and the planned unit per area dust load is 18.57 grams per square meter. This results in a predicted increase to C-level pollution sweeping frequency. In 2008 the county bureau of environmental protection randomly inspected five townships and sixteen roads (8 roads in Hsin-Ying, 3 roads in Shan-Hua, 2 roads in Yung-K'ang, 2 roads in Ma-Tou, and one road in An-Ting). A-level roads constituted 87.5 percent; B-level roads constituted 12.5 percent, together comprising 178 road sections (the area perimeter encompassed An-Ting and Shan-Hua). Winning the award from the Bureau of Environmental Protection in the combined Yun-Lin and Chia-Yi counties & municipalities indicates that the project of sweeping streets has contributed to the drop in street dust levels, and to the overall rise in the level of street cleanliness.
7. The total statistics for this year acknowledges the maintainance of 24, 747.37 kilometers of roads which exceeds the goal of 5000 kilometers demanded by contract (exceeding by a rate of 494.9%) while at the same time reaching a promised goal of 10 thousand kilometers (exceeding by a rate of 247.5%) indicating that this project has incited commitment and effort to this work. Concurrently, according to the Bureau of Environmental Protection, united sharply reduced formula calculations, estimates TSP sharply reduced volume to be approximately 341.51 tons.
8. This project therefore implements a multitude of robust restraining measures：1. To urgently begin implementing measures dealing with the worsening of air quality；2. To establish coordinated reports and measures that examine and deal with the sources which pollute dirty roads；3. Policies restraining the pollution of farming and irrigation canals；4. Measures to educate the public how to assist Bureau procedure；5. Restrictive ；6. The maintainance and upkeep of flushers & equipment；7. Guide the appropriate enterprises in designing roads that take proper care of public signs 8. Measures which assist in dirty and messy places and build cases；9. To announce sanitary measures in accord with the Bureau of Environmental Protection, which rapidly disperse the sources of air polluting matter. Such emissions are to be restrained and reduced. 10. Pollution sweeping measures which assist large scale activities within the county's nearby road sanitation and public villages.