To enhance the recycling of resources, and the multiple reuse of kitchen waste, so as to reduce the common garbage quantity into the incinerator, the Environment Protection Bureau of Taoyuan County Government (hereinafter referred to as the EPBT)particularly promoted “The Year 2009’s Educational Guidance Plan Regarding the Multiple Reuse of Kitchen Waste in Taoyuan County”, commissioning the Taoyuan County Environment Protection Association (hereinafter referred to as TCEP) to assist in the implementation of relative works, assigning special personnel from the EPBT to jointly push the said plan. In order to facilitate the physical recycling of kitchen waste, those kitchen waste uneatable for man but eatable for pig would be recycled by local cleaning agency, while the uneatable organic waste for pig would be categorized for further composting. It could not only release the pressure of garbage-handling, but would also reduce the exhaust of CO2, so as to better meet the sustainable demands concerning resources with respect to environmental protection trend in the 21th century.
the termquantitative achievements of work were as following instructions:
（一）Guidance Plan of Kitchen Waste Composting for Households, Communities and Schools:
1. To collect and prepare the informational list of county-wide instructors concerning kitchen waste composting (total 51 persons).
2. To construct a plan’s title with local features (1 title).
3. To prepare instructors’ data and the physical achievements regarding kitchen waste composting, as well as to help those instructors create the instructing or guidance materials (one set).
4. To produce the guidance CD/DVD with respect to “Composting Procedure of Kitchen Waste for Households, Schools and Communities”(total 60 sets).
（二）To jointly appoint the instructors of guidance plan to physically teach and subsidize the works regarding the composing and reuse of kitchen waste, deadwood and fallen leaf for households, communities and schools:
1. To establish 256 composting locations for household, each of them respectively provided two composting barrels of 20 liter, as well as the zymogen for 3 months’ consumption (4 bags).
2. To help and subsidize communities to establish 11 composting and reuse locations.
3. To help and subsidize schools to establish 13 composting and reuse locations.
4. To perform random sampling and ingredient test of finished composts, in order to realize the composition in relation to the heavy metal, chlorine salt, or other ingredients, and ultimately presented relative improvement solutions.
（三）To undertake the promotional activities with respect to the recycling and reuse of kitchen waste:
1. The Planning of Promotional Activities:
(1) To undertake one guidance seminar regarding the recycling and reuse of kitchen waste.
(2) Recycled and reused items of kitchen waste: to categorize and prepare the recyclable and unrecyclable items.
2. The Production of Guidance Materials:
(1) Poster design and print in Chinese/English versions,including Composting procedure and Categorized items of kitchen waste amount 2000 posters.
(2) Guidance folders in Chinese/English versions, including Composting procedure and Categorized items of kitchen waste amount 2000 sheets.
(3) Guidance materials concerning of kitchen waste for recycling and reuse amount 1000 sets, and zymogen for Composting of kitchen waste (100g package) amount 2000 packages.
（四）To undertake one guidance and exhibition concerning the reuse of kitchen waste outside the county/city.
Collection of elementary information regarding the reuse of kitchen waste:
1. To collect and prepare the relevant data regarding the pig farm and the reuse of composting kitchen waste in this county,and take photos and produce the VCR introducing the process of recycling kitchen waste in pig farms and composting yards.
2. To help the cooperating matters between local governments/authorities and pig farms in relation to the compost and reuse of kitchen waste.
3. To undertake the inspection on site of pig farm and composting yard.
4. To collect and prepare the elementary data and price list of composting supplies/materials and zymogens.
5. To test the composting ingredients in Lungtang and Fusin Towns once respectively, to see if there is any abnormality or other issues, and presented relative improvement solutions.
（五）To build the guidance net for kitchen waste recycling ,and help local authorities/agencies in the county undertake the guidance activities concerning kitchen waste recycling, and assisted the EPBT to audit/approve the relative documentation issues and brief instruction as well as other assigned works.