It is the goal of this handbook to provide a guideline in integrating district energy system while performing community renewal, district development, and environmental impact evaluation procedures, concerning about utility power renovation and new plant installations. In achieving this goal, successful examples in other area have been introduced in establishing a foundation toward this purposes.
The following content has been highlighted in this handbook in its completion, namely:
(1) Analysis of the successful examples in other nations, including literature survey.
(2) Gathering opinion from experts, twice a year, to pinpoint the new direction for further advancement
(3) Participating the forum hosted by the EPA in discussing with foreign experts
(4) Proposing guideline for planning a district energy system, especially Combined Heat and Power system and District Heating and Cooling system.
(5) Analyzing the regulation and rules adapted in other nations to promote district energy systems, as a reference to be established in Taiwan.
(6) Fulfilling this compilation of the District Energy Systems Handbook.