A project on image promotion of recycling, property management, and auditing of recycling and vending businesses conducts has been devised by Taoyuan environment authorities to ensure fairness and consistence of thorough and proper registration, declaration, and pecuniary imposition with regard to upper stream businesses. The project, contracted to Protect-Eco Technology Co., also aims at facilitating smooth channels for lower stream recycling businesses, recycling promotion, and property integration.
The project is expected to be executed during the period beginning May 22 through December 31, 2011. It is primarily in charge of promoting image of recycling and making sure that all involved businesses conform to legal requirements and obligations of being monitored, providing assistance with evaluation of developing project proposals and other materials processed by recycling businesses. The quantitative findings are demonstrated as following:
1. Recycled items of 1638 chain vendors have been checked. Recycled solid waste is chiefly processed by cleaning service providers, the government contracted company, and other civil groups. The project has also funded recycling facilities such as bins for waste lighting, batteries, disks, mobile phones and their power chargers. Recycle boxes for waste thermometers are available at selected convenient stores.
2. A conference on stealth of waste cables, traffic safety, firefighting, labor security and wellbeing, legal use of land, management regulations and image promotion, community recycling points and experience took place at Conference Hall 101 of Labor Recreation Center from 13:00 to 17:00 on October 25, 2011 and saw an audience of 123 people.
3. The project facilitates image promotion for the recycling stations in different communities, villages, and condominiums and features model chain store management of integrating real estate resources. It demands submission for official auditing within one month after completion of signature, which falls on June 21, 2011. A selection list has been proposed to different villages, including Jenshan, Jenwu, Nanxin, Pinzhen, Xinjong, and Zhongzheng community of Taoyuan City. Around 50 junkmen have been introduced to 8 different recycling centers.
4. The project organizes and tracks all the materials regarding the plans for evolvement of non-urban lands into facilities of solid waste recycle. A total of 131 applications have been filed, of which 17 were granted approval or approval for extension, 5 overruled, 26 overdue, and the remaining en route of application.
5. The project evaluates applications for recycled solid waste and tracks 59 applications, of which 46 are recycle businesses and 13 are garbage processing.
6. A total of 3117 vendors have been audited and filed out of the findings from 13 local district household offices. On-site auditing has been imposed on 895 vendors in accordance with the project. The county has filed 4783 vendors in database.
7. A conference on waste disposal guidelines and promotion, plastic cup reduction and recycle awards, training advertisements designed for major shopping complexes, hypermarkets, and department stores took place at Human Resources Training Center (13th floor, Taoyuan County Hall) from 13:00 to 17:00 on July 19 and saw an audience of 50 people.
8. The results of counseling and inspection of involved businesses include 79 applications submitted to the Environment Protection Agency. 67 applications from cities other than Taoyuan were also included. Around 100 items of merchandise sold at major hypermarkets in violation of applicable norms have been inspected. The project evaluated 701 applications within the calendar year, of which 521 have been approved and 180 rejected.
9. A seminar on counseling and advertisement as well as training for civil servants took place at Conference Hall 101 of Labor Recreation Center from 9:30 to 16:00 and saw an audience of 177 attendants, conversing on 2011 inspection and evaluation plans for all registered recycle businesses, on-site inspection practice, norms about solid waste, amendments, and major targets of the year, applicable norms for electronics vendors.
10. The project engages counseling and advertisement works. The government proposes advertising flyers for target recycled items and promotion for urban renovation construction outline on October 11, using utilities bills of the local residents in Pinzhen and Zhongli as promotion flyers and LED electronic banners for policy advertisement. The policy stresses the importance of recycling waste batteries and thermometers and will be displayed publicly for 4 weeks. On October 6, a procurement proposal was submitted regarding the use of tea seed powder and silicon lids for environment and eco-friendly purposes.