Ji-Gia Environmental Consulting Co. Water pollution sources, Investigation and inspection, river cleanup action, emergency response action Jia-Yi city water pollution prevention project covers the following actions, river water quality analysis, environmental permit review and data compilations, investigation and inspection of pollution sources by permitted industrial units, monitoring of illegal wastewater discharges, investigation of illegal discharging pipes, river patrolling volunteers and all the necessary assistant deemed relevant by the EPB. The project is from march, 26thm 2012 to dec. 31st, 2012 and the abstract is as followed,
One. Permit Review for Pollution Sources Within the project period, 37 permit applications have been reviewed and 333 data have been compiled. Among the 333, 204 are the inspection and water sampling database update, 37 are the completion of industrial permit applications, 16 are the issuing of industrial permits, 1 is the application of water prevention plan.
Two. Investigation and Inspection of Industrial wastewater and Sewage Systems 96 permitted industrial units have been inspected. Among them, 53 wastewater samples were tested. There are 1 industrial units being ticketed.
Three. Monitoring and Sealing of Illegal Discharging Pipes 4 illegal discharging pipes were discovered and sealed. In accordance with the Article 16 of Water Pollution Act, once any illegal discharging pipes were discovered, after one week of not being able to identify the proprietor, the EPB has to right to seal them.
Four. Operational Assessment of Industrial Wastewater Treatment Facilities After initial inspection, operational assessment of industrial wastewater treatment facilities was undertaken to 2 of the permitted industrial units that violated the Water Pollution Act. Second inspections were scheduled at the month of Nov. and Dec.
Five. Organizing River Patrolling Teams 6 river patrolling teams, 83 members in total, were organized, 4 river cleanup activities were held at Ba-Zhang riverbank, with the participants totaled 1,456.
Six. Others Deemed Relevant
1. Info. Session of household water usage reduction was held at April. 3th,Set 1th and Nov 20th.
2. River Pollution Remediation and Ocean Pollution Prevention Assess Plan Continuous assisting the EPB in upgrading the score of the assess plan. The Jia-Yi City “River Pollution Remediation and Ocean Pollution Prevention Assess Plan” has been drafted and submitted to Central EPA.
3. Water Pollution Remediation Committee Meetings Relevant organizations and scholars were invited to join the water pollution remediation committee and meetings were held at April 26th, July.317th, October. 12th and Dec. 4th for the year of 2012. Resources from relevant organizations shall be integrated to improve the water quality and Cheng-Nan eco-landscape.
4. Water Quality Monitoring and Pollution Estimate Periodical water monitoring and sampling were carried out in Niou-Chou river, Ba-Zhang river and Lan-Tan lake, with 16 monitoring stops in total. Monthly water samples were tested to estimate the pollution amount of Jia-Yi City.
5. GPS Integration System of Water Pollution Permitted Industrial Units of Jia-Yi City A GPS integration system by Google Earth was setup for the water pollution permitted industrial units at the year of 2008. A continuous updating was carried out this year to assist the EPB in their distribution. The permitted industrial units of Jia-Yi County were also integrated in the system, considering the water pollution influence of the neighboring county, to add the efficiency in regarding the water pollution complaint investigations.