This project has been started on August 26, 2016. The project scope included operation, maintenance and calibration of equipment at manual Air Quality Monitoring Station and Meteorological Station, environmental noise monitoring, setting and maintenance of PM2.5 station, maintenance of electronic board and Acid rain station maintenance. The achievements of project were summarized as below:
1) 60 Air Quality Monitoring Station were performed scheduled monthly maintenance and 120 TSP samples had been completed.
2) Flow rate calibrations were completed on 11 September 2016 and 17 March 2017. The result regression coefficient R2 was 0.9999 which comply with the standard. (R2 shall be larger or equal to 0.995)
3) Multi-point calibrations were performed on 22 September 2016, 6 October 2016, 5 January 2017, 23 March 2017, 25 April 2017 and 6 July 2017. The results were fulfill with the standard requirements including flow accuracy shall be less than 5 % difference and regression coefficient R2 shall be larger or equal to 0.995.
4) Every half of the month, one point calibrations were performed before and after sampling at each station. The flow accuracy shall be less than 7% difference.
5) The clock check was performed on 6 September 2016 and fulfilled the standard of less than 2 minutes difference.
6) TSP：The highest(59 μg/m3) and lowest(51 μg/m3) geometric average concentration were found at Huwei station and Gukeng station. The monitoring results at all stations met the air quality standards(TSP 24 hour 250 μg/m3). The geometric mean over the years were below the air quality standards(130 μg/m3), and since 2013, there was a gradual downward trend.
7) Dustfall：The highest(3.21 ton/km2/month) and lowest(1.79 ton/km2/month) average concentration were found at Hsilo station and Gukeng station. In the annual average, the average annual measured value was the lowest in 2012 at 2.97 ton/km2/month and the highest in 2015 at 13.93 ton/km2/month. The average measured value in 2016 was 6.02 ton/km2/month, showing a decreasing trend compared with the monitoring results in recent years.
8) Compared with the corresponding sections of neighboring counties (Taichung, Changhua, Nantou, Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung and Pingtung), the trends of TSP in all counties and cities were approximately the same, and the Chiayi City had a higher tendency than other counties and cities. Among the monthly averages, Chiayi City had the highest value of 140 μg/m3 in December 2016 and the lowest value of 25 μg/m3 in Taichung in July 2017. The Dustfall in counties and cities did not have the same trend. The highest was 8.74 ton/km2/month (February 2017) in Chiayi County and the lowest was 0.22 ton/km2/month (September 2016) in Pingtung County.
9) Ambient and traffic noise monitoring have been performed 80 days and all results fulfilled the limit. According to historical monitoring data, in ambient noise monitoring was easier to detect high values. In traffic noise monitoring, monitoring values were more concentrated because they were less disturbed by external factors.
10) 12 times maintenances were completed at fixed noise monitoring station. The sources of noise were proposed. During weekdays, the noise would be come from high flow of vehicles at peak periods and operation of machine during gardening. During weekend, the sources would be park visitors and temporary exhibitions.
11) Checking of noise level from vehicles has been performed 32 times and checked 1,312 vehicles. 35 vehicles were requested to perform further noise assessment in which 18 vehicles passed, 17 vehicles unqualified and 5 vehicles unclassified. As selection by police before further assessment, the rate of unqualified was reach 49 % and average exceed 8.0 dB of limit.
12) Ambient electromagnetic field (EMF) measurement was completed 40 pieces of extremely-low frequency. In which, 1 pieces of extremely-low frequency were performed at Substation, 39 pieces of extremely-low frequency were performed at Floor type transformers. All the results were within the EPA limit.
13) 12-day monitoring of the mobile air quality monitoring vehicle had been completed. All the results were within the EPA air quality standard.
14) Had completed two sets of handheld suspended particle detection equipment purchase and delivery.
15) For the PM2.5 continuous monitoring station, the site plan was submitted on September 23, 2016. Approved by the EPB, choose Yuanchang Elementary School and Huashan Elementary School to set up the station. The two stations were set up on March 22, 2017.
16) Operation and maintenance of meteorological station had been completed 60 months. Each station was operating normally with no damage.
17) 12 times of maintenance electronic board and 184 times of content update were recorded.
18) Regarding the regular operation and maintenance of acid rain stations, the project had completed 20 double-weekly maintenance, 10-month maintenance, 3-season maintenance, 2-half-year maintenance and 1-year maintenance. All jobs were performed according to the scheduled progress.