Taitung County consists of 16 townships and cities, including 2 outlying islands (Green Island and Lanyu). The main population densly inhabits in Taitung City accounted for 49% of the total population, following by 7.9% of Beinan town and 6.3% of Chenggong town. Most of the livelihood issues such as air pollution (oil fumes from catering, outdoor burning), waste and environmental pollution (probable dumping waste sites), mostly occurred in Taitung City.
1. Environmental pollution control
(1) Support plead report center to execute the investigation and prosecution of the plead. This environmental audit and control project (hereinafter referred to as this project) increases the frequency of the investigation and improve the support of the plead. For instances, besides the exectution of the contract contents of this project, it follows the policy to investigate the case of mask littering from April, and Air Quality Protection and Noise Control Section(AQPNCS) to investigate outdoor burning of agriculture waste in June and July.
(2) Establish the database of outdoor burning and overgrown with weeds plead. The shared database of Taitung county has been completed.
(3) Provide the guidance for pollution reduction of oil fume from catering, which comes from the disiganated restaurants according to central government policy or the breakfast chain shops in Taitung. Pollution prevention facility can be applied from relative section if needed. This project cooperates with AQPNCS and has already guided and improved two breakfast shops.
(4) This project has patrolled 275 probable dumping waste sites, and set up 104 times of time-lapse cameras. The videos can be interpreted automatically by the software, and collect the evidence of illegal.
(5) This project has patrolled 462 times of the farms to investigate the usage of livestock manure. According to the analysis, self-use and given to others account for 37% and 45% of the usage respectively. There are 92 chicken farms and 39 pig farms. Beinan Township, Chishang Township, Guanshan Town and Taitung City have the most number of farms, and Taitung City has the highest density.
2. Environmental pollution preventation advocacy and odor inspection
(1) To enhance the knowledge of environmental protection, regulations and inspection skill, this project provides 1 employee training and 3 exclusive personnel training.
(2) Odor functional group analysis is examined in animal husbandry in the Taitung county. 3 odor inspections have been conducted in three farms, which are selected by public nuisance plead system.
(3) Examine 2 advocacies of “do not burn agricultural waste outdoor” in September and October respectively.
(4) 4 Satisfaction Opinion Survey have been conducted, including telephone interviews and face-to-face interviews 4 times a month respectively.
(5) Conduct the training of environmental protection professional license by the bureau's contractors.
(6) Complete the Personnel Health Check.
(7) Compute the assessment score of the plead of odor and outdoor burning control.