The Project starts from 3 March 2021. The tasks include setting up monitoring systems and checking the connection status conforming to the law, checking CEMS connection figures and onsite inspection, inspecting and supervising the function of Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems, setting up a CWMS integrating platform, maintaining the operation of the CWMS management platform of Yunlin County, active monitoring of escape channels, setting up the server for database and provide special internet route for the bureau. The results of this project are as the following:
(1) 20 CWMS surveilled companies were checked as to their legality. The reviews were sent to the companies for them to improve and 10 companies were chosen for the second check. The common failures for the legality were: big accuracy difference of the monitoring figures due to the incomplete calibration; water samples from the sampling facility were not representative; improper setting of the central computer; images of CCTV were not preserved more than 90 days; replacing procedure was not carried out according to the regulations.
(2) A meeting for law and acts on waste water automatic monitoring system was completed with 52 people attended, which conforms the prescription in the contract.
(3) The monitoring charts of the surveilled companies in 2021 showed that the abnormalities were mainly fixed values, over-limit value and 0. And for the value 0, it is often uploaded to the EPB as the status codes of normal or over-limit and this would affect the authenticity of monitoring records and effectiveness rates.
(4) The monitoring charts showed abnormalities of 4 companies in season 1 ＆ 2 and 3＆4. They were (a) Douliou Industrial Park (P4601715) with the system supplier Kwanchen Digital. The abnormal items were COD, EC, Temp; (b) Honghe Leather (P5104671) with the system supplier Datong Environmental Protection. The abnormal items were SS, COD, Temp (c) Yushen Livestock Farm (P6500097) with the system supplier Hwenche Environmental Technology. The abnormal items were pH, EC, Temp; (d) Ishan Livestock Farm (5900084) with the system supplier Hwenche Environmental Technology. The abnormal items were pH, Temp.
(5) 12 reviews of the measures proposals of CWMS surveilled companies were completed.
(6) 5 RATA regular inspections were done. They were Formosa Taffeta (P4600987), Mailiao Factory I of Formosa Plastics (P5802421), Water Reclamation Center, Doulio City, Yunlin County (P46A2877), Mailiao Factory of Formosa Chemicals (P5801773) and Yunlin Technology Industrial Park (Dabeishi District) (P4606345). The inspection results all conformed to the regulations for Relative Accuracy Test Audit in Annex 3 of Water Pollution Control Measures and Test Reporting Management Regulations.
(7) 5 parallel comparation of CWMS figures were carried out. They were Silicon Wafer Factory of Formosa Sumco Technology in Mailiao (P5801871), Mailiao Factory of Nanya Plastics (P5801513), Haifeng Factory of Formosa Chemicals (P5802092), Doulio Industrial Park (P4601715), Mailiao Factory of Changchun Group (P5805271). Among them, the result of Doulio Industrial Park showed big difference in terms of the overall signal analysis to the one of EPB regarding the fluctuation pattern and there should be follow-up and more inspections afterwards. The figures of the other business occasionally showed apparent deviation, which was assumed to be related to the delay of signal transmission or noise of the isolator.
(8) The integrating platform of CWMS was set up.
(9) 6 mobile water resource monitoring stations were set up and 24 hour monitoring.
(10) Measuring point 1 (Doulio Industrial Park) showed warning of high pH value (pH=9.09) on 16:13 7 July. We immediately informed the inspection project to go to check. It was found that in the upstream, one cement products factory had discharged waste water through unidentified pipes and this was reported to the EPB by the law.
(11) Measuring point 1 (Doulio Industrial Park) showed warning of high pH value (pH=9.68) on 19:50 16 August. Meanwhile, the Electrical conductivity also showed abnormally high value (EC=6,835.68 μmho/cm). We immediately informed the inspection project to go to check. It was found that in the upstream, one food factory had discharged unprocessed strong alkaline waste water through unidentified pipes to the drainage in the Industrial Park and this was reported to the EPB by the law.