The execution period of “The Action Project Plan on Promotion of Resource Recovery of Pingtung County in 2021” is from March 4 to December 31, 2021. The resource recycling rate of Pingtung County was 55.6% as of October in 2021, which was 0.5% higher than the 55.1% in 2020. The data of resource recycling rate shows the effectiveness of the implementation of this plan. As of November 13, all the work items have been completed. The summary of the implementation results is as follows.
1. Handle the establishment, guidance and promotion of the village resource recycling station
Based on the normal operation period from January to April and August to October of this year without COVID-19 pandemic effects, compared with the same period last year, the overall recycling amount enhanced by 7,900 kg, an increase of 3.9%, the sale price increased by NT$ 153,750, an increase of 26.8%, and the number of participants grew by 1,356, an increase of 6.1%. The data shows the high-quality results of the guiding operation of this project.
1. Carry out the operation of 53 village resource recycling stations and 168 on-site counseling work. Among them, the Swenli resource recycling station in Pingtung City was withdrawn due to lack of volunteers and was transferred to the newly established Gangxi Village resource recycling station in Xinyuan Township. Among the 53 village resource recycling stations, 48 stations of A-level stations increased by 3 stations compared with that in 2020, 5 stations of B-level stations decreased by 3 stations compared to 2020, and 0 stations of C-level stations, showing that the overall operational effectiveness has improved compared with last year.
2. Conduct 3 sessions according the regional location to strengthen the promotion of education and training of the village resource recycling stations. In each session, the village chief and cadres of the village resource recycling station were invited to participate, to enhance the operation staff of the village resource recycling station to better understand the key points of the resource recycling station.
3. Assist the village resource recycling station to handle waste dry battery recycling and exchange activities. From January to October of 2021, the amount of waste dry battery recycling at the village resource recycling station was 743.9 kg.
4. Completed the handling of 20 waste reduction resource recycling promotion briefings.
2. Strengthen the promotion of resource recycling tasks in the area of off-shore island
(1) Strengthen manpower stationed in Liuqiu Township to implement the promotion of resource recycling tasks, and periodically send personnel to assist in propaganda, sorting, inspection and local communication.
(2) Improve the effectiveness of cleanup and transportation.
(A) Implementation of the mandatory garbage sorting and bag-breaking inspections for homestay operators in Liuqiu Township 103 times, of which 95 times were qualified with a pass rate of 92% and 8 times failed with a failure rate of 8%. The overall pass rate increased by 2% compared with last year. In the inspection of bag-breaking inspections for household garbage, 105 bags were checked, 96 of which were qualified, with a pass rate of 91%, and 9 bags of unqualified, with a failure rate of 9%.
(B) Strengthen the resource recovery systems and facilities
The task team inspected homestay operators 70 times, of which 65 operators installed the general garbage bins and the resource recycling facilities, and the labels were complete. The task team also assisted to set up an additional resource recycling bin for 5 homestay owners who only set up a general trash bin. Completed to offer the creative general trash bins and resource recovery bins with local “Welcome King” patterns to 10 homestays in order to improve the garbage sorting problem in the homestay, and the beauty of the bin also has a positive effect of the homestay.
(C) The task team visited one by one the only 4 individual and bulk trade resource recycling operators in Liuqiu Township. The Office of Liuqiu Township prepares its own budget for discretionary subsidies to the operators. The "Pingtung County Liuqiu Township Office's Handling of Recyclables to Taiwan Transportation Fee Subsidy Guidelines and Image Improvement Coordination Meeting" was held on March 30 to subsidize the above 4 operators at a price of NT$ 600/ton (up to NT$ 60,000 per operator). As of the end of September, extra 444 metric tons of recyclables has been collected, which has greatly contributed to the increase in recycling rate of Liuqiu Township.
(D) Coach and assist in the maintenance of resource recycling facilities for tourist attractions in Liuqiu Township. This plan conducted regular inspections and completed a total of 105 resource recycling facilities in 21 tourist attractions located in 13 places of Liuqiu Township. Among them, recyclables were found in the general trash bin at 15 locations and requested the Office to strengthen the secondary sorting. The resource recycling facilities were not labeled at 3 locations, and the task team has completed in labeling on-site. Part of the recycling facility was damaged at 2 locations, and it has been reported to the Office of Liuqiu Township for improvement. The resource recycling facilities were still under construction at 5 locations due to the engineering of the Sampan Bay.
(E) This plan suggests that the recyclables of Liuqiu Township can be contracted and sell in a turnkey way. From January to September this year, a total of 2,180,060 kg of recyclables (miscellaneous) were cleared, including 155,180 kg in January, 488,580 kg in March, 195,290 kg in April, 495,800 kg in May, 183,760 kg in June, 221,970 kg in September, and 439,480 kg in October. The overall transfer and transport efficiency has increased significantly resulting in the increase of the overall resource recycling rate to 79.5%.
3. Carry out the physical composition analysis of general waste before final disposal
After completing the analysis of the 8 samples of the physical composition of this year, the overall general waste accounted for 55.5% lower than 60.6% of last year, resource recyclables accounted for 12.7% lower than 14.6% of last year, and kitchen waste accounted for 31.8% higher than 24.8% of last year. The results show that the resource recyclables account for a relatively low proportion of the overall waste, and it was 1.9% lower than last year, indicating that the resource recycling promotion is well promoted.
4. Coach the recycling industry which is below a certain scale.
(1) The plan has completed 144 inspections and guidance of 116 companies. In addition, in accordance with the instructions of the PTEPB, the task team in conjunction with the fire department personnel of the jurisdiction visited 27 companies for fire safety guidance. None of the recyclables of company occupied or stored outside the factory. Although there were installations in fire-fighting facilities and fire-fighting water sources, most of the no smoking labels fell off or were blocked by recyclables or even not posted. The task team assisted in posting by on-site guidance and conducted promotion. Besides, in cooperation with the PTEPB, and the fire department personnel of the jurisdiction, a total of 27 large-scale recycling businesses under a certain scale were inspected. Although the 27 businesses do not meet the places listed in Article 12 of the "Standards for Fire Safety Equipment Installation in Various Places", All businesses are equipped with fire-fighting facilities, which can also meet the regulations.
(2) Coach 3 recycling industry which are below a certain scale to implement the facility labeling and education training. Assist in setting up various signs in Chinese of various resource collection area throughout the whole plant, self-check mechanism, emergency response personnel notice boards and no smoking signs notice boards. Handle 3 education and training sessions to staff on labor safety and resource recycling.
5. Supervise the sorting, storage and transportation of waste glass containers by the township and municipal cleaning Squad.
Completed 43 supervisions on the sorting, storage and transportation of waste glass containers by the cleaning squad of 33 townships, towns or city in Pingtung County. Except for the Yanpu Township Office, where there is no storage facility, the waste glass containers of all township offices are stored in three colors, i.e. green, transparent, and brown. Although few waste glass bottles of different colors were still mixed together, the cleaning squads performed secondary color sorting before the clearing by the recyclers so as to achieve the purpose of complete sorting of waste glass bottles according to the colors.
6. Guide the cleaning squads of all townships (towns, city) in the county to attach waste dry battery recycling bins to the resource recycling vehicles.
The record shows that there are 181 resource recycling vehicles of the cleaning squads in Pingtung County. A small number of resource recycling vehicles were not set up the waste dry battery resource recycling bins due to infrequent dispatch. After coaching, they have all completed the installation.
7. Coach to set up resource recycling station at fishing port and handle the collection and exchange activities of recyclables.
Completed the establishment of the Tianfu Fishing Port resource recycling station and handled 15 sessions of exchange activities of recyclables. A total of 44,357 kg of recyclables were collected, including 5,190 kg of waste plastic containers, 38,240 kg of waste glass containers, 340 kg of waste iron containers, 105 kg of waste aluminum containers and 482 kg of waste paper containers. All recyclables collected during the activity are cleared and transported by the Cleaning Squad of Liuqiu Township. In order to strengthen the concept of resource recycling of fishermen, 4 sessions of recycling waste containers publicity activities were conducted at the resource recycling stations of fishing, commercial, recreational ports, passenger terminals or river (sea) shore recreation places.
8. Coach the inspection on mandatory garbage sorting and handle promotion on strengthening mandatory garbage sorting.
(1) Guide the enforcement agency to implement mandatory garbage sorting and inspection.
The “Resource Recycling Business Communication Review and Business Personnel Education and Training briefing” was held through the PTEPB this year to guide the enforcement agency in the implementation of mandatory garbage sorting inspection. In addition, the task team also individually coached the chief of the cleaning squad of the township office. The guidance will continue to perform in the future.
(2) Handle the advocacy of strengthening the mandatory garbage sorting.
Completed 11 briefings and 3 activities of mandatory garbage sorting.
9. Make a list of cafeteria and bento shops and guide them to set up paper tableware recycling facilities.
(1) Sampling and coaching cafeteria and bento shops which meets the requirements to set up paper tableware recycling facilities.
Completed the inventory of 205 businesses (including 204 operators that were listed and managed in 2020 and a new list of operator in 2021), of which 62 operators were removed from the list due to the reasons, including 27 that switched to eco-friendly tableware, 22 that changed not to provide dine in service, 7 that have ceased operations, and 6 that have switched to non-paper cutlery in bamboo boxes. Therefore, only 143 businesses are eligible for the list this year.
(2) After intensive contact with the operators and on-site coaching, 62 cafeteria and bento shops were successfully guided to set up paper tableware recycling facilities, and matched the recycling industry to clear and transport waste paper tableware, smoothing the disposal or processing routes, and becoming the paper tableware recycling eco-friendly stores of the County. The paper tableware collected by various recycling industry is mainly planned to be handed over to the resource recycling vehicles of the cleaning squads of the Offices of the Township.
(3) Completed the implementation on preferential discount measures and events of the paper tableware recycling and eco-friendly stores in October, 2021.
(4) Completed the guidance of 143 cafeteria and bento shops to hand over the recycled paper tableware in the stores to legal recycling companies, self-employed individuals or enforcement agencies for recycling and clearing. Among them, 35 were matched to self-employed individuals, 100 were cleaned and transported by cleaning squads, 3 were cleaned and transported by recycling companies, and 5 were delivered to Tzu Chi to smooth disposal or processing routes.
(5) Handle the promotion activities of paper tableware recycling and eco-friendly stores.
10. Handle the promotion (publicity) briefing on the recycling of scrapped four machines.
Completed the promotion (publicity) briefing on the recycling of scrapped four machines on September 10.
11. Handle the activities on collection and exchange of resource recyclables.
Completed 16 sessions of waste electric fan recycling and exchange activities, with a total of 782 waste electric fans collected. Completed 17 sessions of recycling and exchange activities of waste portable computers, waste keyboards, and waste monitors. A total of 509 waste portable computers, 1,342 waste keyboards, and 278 waste monitors were collected. Completed 21 sessions of waste dry battery recycling and exchange activities, with a total of 2,528 kg of waste dry batteries collected. Completed 6 sessions of recycling and exchange activities of waste PS and PVC containers, a total of 197 kg of waste PS containers and 134 kg of waste PVC were collected. Although the recyclables of some people did not meet the redemption standard, the task team still provided an advocacy material to thank for their support. In addition, in order to improve the assessment results of the township, town and city offices, all collected recyclables were delivered to the local cleaning squad.
12. Set up and operate a used goods exchange station.
Completed the establishment of 4 come and go fun used goods exchange stations, including Kupiliao Station in Renhe Village of Linbian Township, Sankuai Community Station in Jiuru Township, Cleaning Squad Station of Pingtung City, and Wanan Community Station in Taiwu Township. The 4 stations were all set up in September, and related equipment was provided by this plan. However, due to the pandemic of COVID-19, they started operations in October and completed 5 exchange activities.
13. Plan the removal of scrap tires from the enforcement agencies and perform the survey and guidance of stacking of scrap tires from auto repair industry.
This year, according to the current storage situation of the scrap tire storage yards of the cleaning squad of the township, town and city offices and the actual needs of the cleaning squads to remove the scrap tires, a total of 73 vehicle trips of the scrap tires were removed from 17 cleaning squads this year, and 53 vehicles trips were transported to the processing plant. A total of 272,180 kg of scrap tires were removed, and the overall removal amount met the required 250 metric tons.
13. Conduct the investigation and guidance operations on setting up resource recycling facilities by catering operators or commercial stalls.
Although 38 of the vendors guided have been used the eco-friendly tableware and no disposable tableware, the task team still guides them to set up resource recycling facilities. The task team has conducted guidance of 52 business operators, of which 11 operators have set up resource recycling facilities and recycling. Some operators have no clear location of the resource recycling facilities or no relevant signs. The task team has assisted in completing the labeling. There are 41 business operators that do not set up resource recycling facilities. The task team implements guidance for business operators to set up and label the recycling facilities and carries out recycling of recyclables.