Projects planned for this year include the five main tasks: Hsinchu City Greenhouse Gas Control Implementation Plan promotion, maintenance and operation of low-carbon sustainable homes evaluation and certification, low-carbon community/district counseling, greenhouse gas inventory and verification, and construction of low-carbon sustainable society and advocacy in response to climate change. This chapter puts forward conclusions and suggestions based on the implementation process and results of the five main tasks, so as to facilitate the promotion of various tasks.
1. Promotion of the "Hsinchu City Greenhouse Gas Control Implementation Plan"
This year, the "Hsinchu City Greenhouse Gas Control Implementation Plan Promotion Group Coordination Meeting" was held on April 14th. During the meeting, the division of labor in Hsinchu City's application for city silver certification was discussed, and the second phase of the "Greenhouse Gas Control Implementation Plan" was promoted.
The first phase of the Hsinchu City’s Greenhouse Gas Control Implementation Plan followed the centrally regulated schedule, and the phased goals have been achieved. In the second stage, because the temperature control law is still being revised, and the second-stage control strategy and county and city greenhouse gas control implementation plan guidelines have not been issued, this plan has requested the Environmental Protection Agency in September to temporarily postpone the remaining 2 promotion group meetings and was approved .
2. Maintenance "Low-Carbon Sustainable Homes Certification Rating"
In terms of promoting low-carbon sustainable homes rating and certification this year, this project assisted Hsinchu City to obtain the silver-level certification of low-carbon sustainable homes; and at the village level, there were a total of 4 new bronze-level certifications, and 11 registrations were completed.
This year, the village participation rate in Hsinchu City has increased to 64%, with a total of 2 silver-level, 19 bronze-level and 57 successfully registered village.
3. Counseling in low-carbon communities/districts
Counseling villages and schools in the transformation part, a total of 3 village and 2 schools applied for transformation subsidies. Jiugang village, Nanai Elementary School and Tsinghua University were selected as the targets of this year's low-carbon transformation subsidy through the "Technical Advisory Group on the Operational Function of Ecological Greening in the Northern Living Circle" meeting.
Hsinchu City has a verification mechanism for the objects of reconstruction subsidies. Every year, maintenance inspections are carried out for the institutions, schools, and communities that were renovated the previous year. If the subsidized unit does not maintain the renovation project well, it will be recorded, which will affect the chance of applying for subsidies in the future. In the previous (2019) year, Hsinchu City subsidized 23 community schools for low-carbon renovation. This year, the survey has verified that all units have maintained the original green area, and the subsidized facilities have also been maintained.
4. Hsinchu City's Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Greenhouse Gas Management Vendor's Check
With regard to the greenhouse gas inventory of Hsinchu City, data collection and calculations of various departments have been completed, and the analysis data of greenhouse gas carbon emissions in Hsinchu City was completed in November.
Regarding the greenhouse gas inspection of the listed manufacturers, the list of emission sources that should be checked and registered in the 2020 greenhouse gas emissions in the jurisdiction has been submitted and confirmed. After the manufacturer’s declaration and verification by a third-party verification unit, this plan assists the Environmental Protection Agency in conducting a written review in October and completing the current survey and verification in November.
5. Building a low-carbon sustainable society and advocacy in response to climate change
(1) Two sessions of one-day education and training activities were organized in combination with the enterprise and high-performing village planning. Two sessions were completed on August 26 and September 24.
(2) In response to climate change, two low-carbon training courses have been implemented on August 20 and September 17, respectively, aiming at saving water and electricity and sharing relevant knowledge about life carbon reduction.
(3) The APP maintenance and update of electric locomotive charging stations in this city shall be checked once a month.
(4) Assist the city to participate in the November 18 forum of the International Committee for Local Environmental Action (ICLEI), and the cost has been paid.