In order to fulfill the contract requirements and meet the needs of EPA (Environmental Protection Administration), as well as be able to deliver the tasks delegated by the environmental units of all levels, this year’s project is divided into three major work items based on the goal of the plan. In terms of improvement of the functions, update of map data and management of normal operation and maintenance of functions in “Drinking Water Source and Water Quality Conservation Area Geographic Information System”, 8 functions were completed, and they include:
(1) retrieval of announcement maps of drinking water source quality protection areas and areas within a certain distance of a drinking water source;
(2) provision of schematic map and protection area linked display function in protection area inquiry interface;
(3) update of map data of 2022 camping grounds in drinking water protection areas;
(4) addition of linkage of cadastral map from the National Land Surveying and Mapping Center, Ministry of the Interior (NLSC) with API extension, for inquiring whether land is situated in drinking water protection area;
(5) addition of national cadastral map tiles layer;
(6) expansion of inquiry function for basis of designating drinking water source quality protection area;
(7) provision of inquiry function for land situated in environmentally sensitive areas; and
(8) addition of map and statistical chart export function.
In terms of the improvement of functions, information update and normal function maintenance and management in “Drinking Water Management Information System”, besides continuing to maintain the normal operations of the various functions, 7 tasks were completed, and they include:
(1) update of 2022 drinking water performance evaluation function;
(2) expansion of drinking water management application manual;
(3) update of statistical function for inspect control of unqualified items in drinking water;
(4) optimization of drinking water management mobile inquiry function;
(5) expansion of protection area inspects information by adding Environmental Enforcement Management System (EEMS) manual import function;
(6) enhancement of tap water quality sample testing improvement map; and
(7) expansion of 2021 uncontrolled items’ inspection data.
In terms of organizing system operation briefing and information security maintenance management, business workshop and system operations briefing were conducted on October 19, and the update of policy evaluation manual materials is completed. Third-party website vulnerability scanning and system performance testing were also conducted to ensure that system security and performance comply with the requirements of the organizer. In summary, this year’s project execution has optimized the various system functions, reduced operational barriers and improved business execution efficiency according to the environmental unit’s business requirements.