With a view to promoting the prevention and control of pollution in the river basins of Chiayi County, the Chiayi County Environmental Protection Bureau entrusted GEGA ENGINEERS ＆ TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. to implement the "2022 Chiayi County Animal Husbandry Inspection and Control and Wastewater Ammonia Nitrogen Recovery Promotion Plan" (hereinafter referred to as the “Plan”) which aimed to strengthen monitoring and management, guide the resource utilization of animal husbandry wastewater, and strive to improve water pollution and other work for the animal husbandry within the jurisdiction. The implementation period of this plan was from January 1, 2022 to November 30, 2022, and the work progress results have reached 100%, which is explained as follows:
1.Pollution source permit management
This project had completed 75 permit review operations and 408 approval operations of regular inspection application review and in the second half of 2021 and the first half of 2022;and reported disciplinary cases with 1,182 computer file creation and maintenance operations had been performed, including water pollution inspection cases 979 files were filed, permit documents 177 files were filed and reported disciplinary cases 26 files were filed
2. Inspection and punishment of animal husbandry waste and sewage discharge
A total of 979 audits of regulated animal husbandry and 158 non-regulated duck and geese inspections and counseling had been completed, and collected 239 samples of regulated animal husbandry runoff water and 20 samples of non-regulated animal farms. As a result, a total of 27 violations of the “Water Pollution Control Act” were found, including There were 24 cases where the discharged water exceeded the discharge water limit, and 2 cases were neglected; 24 of them had been punished according to the “Water Pollution Control Act”, with the amount of the disposition at NT$ 397,900.
3. Real-time pollution monitoring and investigation operations
13 unidentified pipelines were seized, all of which have been ordered to be sealed or removed by the operator; a total of 30 points of continuous water quality monitoring were carried out, and each point was carried out for at least 7 days. A total of 437 days of monitoring were completed and 8 cases of discharge exceeding the standard were seized , 1 omission.
4.Functional evaluation of industrial wastewater treatment facilities
A functional evaluation of initial evaluation, re-evaluation and negotiation to four industries of being selected and approved by the Environmental Protection Bureau had been completed.
5.Promote the recovery of ammonia nitrogen from livestock wastewater
For the 30 livestock farms that have obtained approval for the use of biogas residues and biogas slurry fertilizers, provide guidance to livestock farmers or farmers on the reasonable amount of irrigation, and provide farmers with an increase in their willingness to use biogas slurry and biogas residues.
This year, 11 farmland fertilizer use plans of biogas residues and biogas slurry were approved and applied. According to statistics, the demonstration farms have a total of 368 cattle and 8,468 pigs. The total area of irrigated farmland is about 17.09 hectares, and the annual irrigation application volume is 8,781.42 metric tons.
6.Strengthen the inspection and control of unresourced livestock farms
A total of 13 large-scale livestock farms that raise 2,000 pigs and more than 500 cattle that have not reached 5% of 13 farms resource utilization have been prioritized for inspection. A total of 102 farms have been inspected and 47 cases have been sampled, and 1 livestock farm violated the Water Pollution Law as a result of the inspection. After counseling the industry to apply for waste water recycling, all of them have been approved for 5% of waste water recycling.
7. Benefit assessment of biogas slurry and residue irrigators
(1) From 2006 to 2021, Chiayi County applied for the use of biogas slurry and biogas slurry for a total of 100 fields. According to the statistics of approved application materials, about 370 hectares of farmland can be irrigated every year, and the annual irrigation volume is about 218,716 metric tons. The irrigated crops include rice. , Pennisetum, corn and sugarcane, etc., the amount of irrigation applied to river pollution is estimated to reduce BOD by 1,330.52 metric tons/year, ammonia nitrogen by 51.37 metric tons/year, and SS by 1,979.22 metric tons/year.
(2) For livestock farms that had obtained the approval for the use of biogas slurry and biogas residue fertilizer, the actual total amount of irrigation until September is 136,193.7 metric tons, and the statistics of irrigation according to the application must reach 164,037.14 metric tons, and the achievement rate is about 83.03%. For animal husbandry whose irrigation rate is less than 50%, inspection and sampling will be strengthened to increase the irrigation rate.
8. Other related business
(1) Completed 2 explanatory sessions on "Promotion of Animal Husbandry Feces and Urine Recycling in Chiayi County", invited experts and scholars as lecturers, arranged on-site observation of biogas residues and biogas slurry to irrigate crops, and animal husbandry inspections and case descriptions of violations, and 1 The county magistrate inspected the results of promoting the reuse of animal husbandry and urine in Chiayi County. Through the activities, he publicized the county's large-scale replacement of small-scale, biogas power generation achievements and the characteristics of resource utilization can "promote three benefits and eliminate three harms", promote and improve the waste water of small and medium-sized farms solving issues.
(2) For 110 years of approved biogas slurry and biogas residues and animal husbandry that have not yet set up notice boards, set up, complete the production and distribution of 14 livestock farm notice boards; cooperate with other counties and cities to visit relevant animal husbandry or biogas power generation exchange activities within their jurisdiction, Assisted in the handling of policy and legal publicity activities, including 7 sessions.
(3) In 2022, we assisted in one operation plan for biogas slurry and residue irrigation in the third field of Lifu Livestock Farm, which was accepted in October. In addition, in response to the application for subsidizing large farms on behalf of small farms, Huang Kexiang Livestock Farm started construction in August and is expected to be completed in August 2023.
(4) Discussing the division of labor between the duck and goose blocking facilities and the Agriculture Department. The newly added sedimentation tank was listed as a blocking facility item, and it was announced and implemented on October 19, 2022. The aim is to improve the discharge water quality of unregulated livestock farms in this county through the cooperation mechanism across bureaus and divisions.