In Taitung County, two islands Lanyu and Green Island Townships are the main tourist attractions. These two outlying islands used to be relatively dirty in terms of sanitation due to cultural and geographical factors. Although the Taitung County Environmental Protection Bureau (hereinafter abbreviated as EPB) and the East Coast National Scenic Area, Tourism Bureau have made significant improvements over the years. However, in order to keep the tourist environment clean and tidy under the effective planning management and rectification of Green Island and Lanyu Township, it is hoped that through the promotion of this plan, the purpose of strengthening the implementation of environmental cleaning works in the two outlying islands townships and the disease vector mosquitoes control... and other related publicity and education will be achieved. The plan strengthened the residents’ epidemic prevention skills, maintained public health and tourism quality. The implementation period of this plan-“Year 2022 Green Island and Lanyu Townships Environmental Sanitation Plan” started from tJan 17th , 2022 to December 31, 2022. The total implementation rate of each work item reached 100%, and the summary of the implementation results is as below:
1. Environmental cleaning and maintenance work is divided into four tasks: for the employees to perform the cleaning and maintenance work of the public environment in Green Island Township and Lanyu Township- We provided at least 1,600 man-days of cleaning manpower; We clean the total length of coastline and roads for at least 1,500 kilometers; We cleaned up dirty spots in the public environment at least 120 times; We eliminated disease vector mosquito-breeding sources at least 20 times.
(1) We hired workers to clean and maintained the public environment in Green Island and Lanyu Townships providing at least 1,600 man-days of cleaning manpower. The cumulative progress was 1,744 man-days (100% completion rate)
(2) We cleaned the total length of coastline and roads for at least 1,500 kilometers. The total cumulative progress was 2,875.6 kilometers (100% completion rate)
(3) We cleaned up dirty spots in the public environment at least 120 times. The total cumulative progress was 130 times (100% completion rate).
(4) We eliminated the breeding sources of disease vector mosquitoes at least 20 times. The total cumulative progress was 22 times (100% completion rate).
2.We held at least eighr publicity sessions related to environmental sanitation. The cumulative progress was total of nine times (100% completion rate)
(1) Environmental Sanitation Publicity Meetings: March 16 (Green Island), April 14 (Lanyu), 2022.
(2) Promotion Meetings of Dengue Fever Prevention: September 30 (Green Island), August 17 (Lanyu), 2022.
(3) Green Procurement and Green Consumption Publicity Briefings: April 22 (Green Island), October 4th (Lanyu), 2022.
(4) Other publicities related to the environment: October 13 (Green Island), June 28 and September 27 (Lanyu), 2022.
3. Beach cleaning activities held on outlying islands:
On August 12, 2022, Ziping of Green Island Township was selected for one beach cleaning activity. Total 53 people participated, and the total weight of beach cleaning garbage was 34.6 kg [9.08 kgs of plastic bottles, 2 kgs of syrofoam, 10.98 kgs of general garbage, 2.54 kgs of glass, and 10 kgs of floating balls].
4. Promotion for the adoption of local businesses
We submitted the list of beach operators in the two townships on February 15, 2022, According to the statistics until October 31, 2022, total of six operators joined [Green Island Township for three, Lanyu Township for three], The total length of the adoption beach was about 3,100.17 meters. Among them, the total length of adoptions in Green Island Township was 1,630.17 meters, and in Lanyu Township was 1,470 meters. Total 65 kilograms of the beach were cleaned up, and we submitted the result report to the EPB. In addition, we made and deliver certificates of appreciation and rewards to the adopting merchants.
5. Purchasing 750 sets of environmental sanitation publicity materials
We submitted total 750 publicity materials on May 26 and August 15, 2022 (Saweilong anti-epidemic antibacterial sets, cat ear-shaped silicone cup lids, cotton A4 portable document bags and cotton button-type small tote bag (horizontal)).
6. Questionnaire survey on environmental sanitation satisfaction
On February 8th, we submitted the environmental sanitation satisfaction questionnaire proposal, and submitted the environmental sanitation satisfaction survey statistical analysis results report on October 31, total 829 copies. [Residents: 211 copies of Green Island, 209 copies of Lanyu, and tourists: 202 copies of Green Island, 207 copies of Lanyu] According to the statistics, 60.2% people were satisfied with the cleanliness and maintenance of the streets on outlying islands and 45% were satisfied with the cleanliness and maintenance on ports and beaches of outlying islands. And 57.9% thought that the garbage disposal events on outlying islands should be paid more attentions.
7. Inspections for public toilets on outlying islands at least once a month
On February 7th, we submitted the operation proposal for public toilet inspection for the two townships. There were total 26 listed and controlled public toilets (25 premium class and one ordinary class). From January 17 to October 31, total 200 inspections of public toilets were completed. Most grades of managed public toilets were premium grades, what were total 25 toilets, accounting for about 96% of the total 26 managed public toilets. What followed was one ordinary class, accounting for about 4%.
8. Press release
We submitted total 12 press releases in this year (2022).
9. We assisted EPB in handling matters related to environmental cleaning competition assessment operations.
We cooperated with the EPB to handle matters related to environmental cleaning competition assessment from April, 2022. Based on the assessment items of the implementation plan of the environmental cleaning competition-work contents such as spots adopting by volunteers, clean up defecation when walking dogs, clearing ditches and decontamination, improving the quality of landscape landmarks, and greening and beautifying open spaces and houses, we held the evaluation and assessment of townships, villages and tribes and took photos for the environmental protection bureau for references. And we assisted the EPB hold the “Cleaning Team Day” and “Environmental Cleaning Competition Assessment and Award Ceremony” on November 16.
1. For this plan we submitted the personnel list and equipments on January 22, 2022.
2.We submitted the first draft of the interim report on June 10, 2022.
3.On February 10, March 4, April 8, May 5, June 2, July 5, August 8, September 6, October 6, November 8 and December 7, 2022; we handled the briefing report of the work progress in EPB.