This project mainly assists the Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan in executing the commissioned projects related to the Forward-looking River Water Quality and Environment Management Plan (Central Region). The achievements are as the following:
1. This project has assisted in compiling information on the Water Environmental Improvement Plans (35 cases) subsidized by the Environmental Protection Administration for the central counties and provided professional evaluation opinions on the content of the sixth batch of the Forward-looking Water Plans for each county (city) in the Central Region. It has conducted two sessions of facility function checks for the completed water quality environmental systems in the Hueilai River system of Taichung City and the Xin Huwei River of Yunlin County, and assisted in collecting ecological inspection documents, producing completion plan results briefings, and related administrative clerical work.
2. This project has compiled the monthly (quarterly) reports on river water quality monitoring from April 2022 to February 2023 (including screening of possible pollutant sources and business names), updated fishbone diagrams on the pollution loads of two key rivers, Xin Huwei River and Beigang River, and proposed short-, medium-, and long-term remediation strategies accordingly. Also, it has collaborated with the reduction of key pollutant sources in Xin Huwei River and the 28th Beigang River and Xin Huwei River Integrated Management Liaison Meeting, and strengthened communication efficiency among the vertical (central ministries and commissions) and horizontal (county and city agencies) aspects of the plan to consolidate consensus on river basin management. The project has conducted an inventory of the water quality status of 24 drinking water intake points (weirs) in the Central Region and used layer overlay to identify potential sources of pollution that could affect water quality.
3. This project has completed supervision work for 11 water environmental improvement projects (10 projects specified in the contract), and all supervised projects this year were evaluated as Level A by the construction audit team（9 projects）. It has assisted in compiling common deficiencies in project supervision and shared and explained them through Environmental Protection Administration business meetings.
4. The project has assisted in organizing one awards ceremony for outstanding units in the previous year (2021), six reviews of achievements in the current year (2022), and two consultations for the water pollution assessment plan for the following year (2023). It has revised the draft of the 2023 water pollution prevention and control assessment plan based on the results of the assessments (including water quality improvement as a scoring principle). Besides, the project has tracked the quarterly performance of key monitoring stations in counties and cities in 2022 and scored their annual achievements. It has also assisted in verifying the planning measures and related rational content of the 2023 key monitoring station reduction plan proposed by each county and city.
5. The project has conducted respectively three drone inspections in 2022 on June 24 (water quality in the Xin Huwei River and Beigang River), September 21 (completed forward-looking plans in Taichung), and December 21 (completed forward-looking plans in Yunlin), and provided inspection records and relevant multimedia files for the agency to use in pollution tracing and result promotion.
Our team has successfully completed the above-mentioned tasks, and in accordance with the results and problems encountered during the execution process, we have proposed relevant improvement measures and strategies. We have also suggested ongoing monitoring of the water quality improvement benefits of the forward-looking completion plan, control of the key tributaries in the Xin Huwei River, and adjustments to water pollution assessment items and weights.