In response to the problems of food safety and source management of chemical substances in recent years and the handling of toxic chemical substance incidents, Toxic and Chemical Substances Bureau, EPA, Executive Yuan has amended the "Toxic Chemical Substances Management Law" to "Toxic and Concerning Chemical Substances Management Act" to "Toxic and Concern Chemical Substances Management Act" in order to improve the management and safety of operators of toxic chemical substances and chemical substances of concern and expand the capacity of source management, and officially implemented on January 16, 2021, hoping to strengthen the operation and management of toxic chemical substances and chemical substances of concern. At the same time, in order to strengthen the supervision and inspection of the project audit to comply with the international trend of chemical substance management, in order to strengthen the operation and management of toxic chemical substances and source control guidance for food safety risk doubtful chemical substances, the Environmental Protection Bureau of Tainan Municipal Government has planned the following key implementation items in order to understand the operation and management control status of chemical substances within its jurisdiction.
1. Strengthen the management of toxic chemical substances and operators.
2. Handle counseling visits for chemical raw material sellers.
3. Strengthen the import of chemical substances and the management of manufacturers.
4. Pay attention to the inventory of chemical substance operators and the investigation of operation data.
5. Handle advocacy activities related to chemical substances.
6. Conduct poisoning disaster response drills.